County Champaign Tune Book

Alan Caffrey

I talked to Jerome-- I have the first two volumes, which may have a further revision from the ones I've got. There is also a third volume. He was a bit distressed to discover that the web site that has them is no longer available and plans to send me the current versions, or a working link. If he gives me a working link I'll post it here. So I'll wait a bit to see if there is a more recent version for me to send.

Tonight's session in Champaign, IL, had three concertinas: Jerome on a 30 button stagi, Dave on a 30 button Suttner, and me on my tenor treble aeola. I'll admit I mostly played fiddle, but we did have a trio for concertina reel. 'Twas fun. Good music.

I talked to Jerome-- I have the first two volumes, which may have a further revision from the ones I've got. There is also a third volume. He was a bit distressed to discover that the web site that has them is no longer available and plans to send me the current versions, or a working link. If he gives me a working link I'll post it here. So I'll wait a bit to see if there is a more recent version for me to send.

Tonight's session in Champaign, IL, had three concertinas: Jerome on a 30 button stagi, Dave on a 30 button Suttner, and me on my tenor treble aeola. I'll admit I mostly played fiddle, but we did have a trio for concertina reel. 'Twas fun. Good music.

I am happy to say that rumors, or should I say rumours, of the demise of the Co. Champaign Irish Tune Collections On-Line are greatly exaggerated. I hadn't been aware of the link at theSession, for which I have now posted a replacement.