Blame It On Frank Edgley

I was so inspired by Frank Edgley's rendition of the Billy Pigg tune Archie's Fancy on Anglo International that I had to go back and learn it again. I got a great take at the second attempt but when I captured it onto the 'puter there was a horrible spike on the soundtrack so I had to start again. :angry: Of course I couldn't expect to play it twice in one day without any cockups so here it is with a couple of howlers thrown in for good measure. :lol:

Archie's Fancy

Thanks Ben, I'm sure I will. I just need to find a way of ignoring the camera so I only have the tune to worry about rather than the nerves on top. It's bizarre really, at the time there's only me and the camera so it really doesn't matter too much if I make a mistake, just start again and all's well, but mostly it's the nerves created by the camera simply being there that cause so many mistakes.

I make mistakes from time to time, who doesn't? That would happen perhaps once in every ten times I play a tune, not every ten bars. :rolleyes: Perhaps I'll try leaving the camera rolling through a full practice session rather than setting out to 'make a video'. Does anyone else find themselves choking as soon the record button is pressed?

Does anyone else find themselves choking as soon the record button is pressed?

Hi Pete,

I think that playing to a recorder is the hardest thing to do; certainly harder than playing to an audience.

It's probably easier if someone else is recording you; just ignore the recorder, and play to the one person "audience". If you record yourself, I find it best to look beyond the recorder, to an imaginary audience.

Regards,

Peter.

I think that playing to a recorder is the hardest thing to do; certainly harder than playing to an audience.

Hello Peter,

Too true, although I've done quite a lot of both in the past (sound recording rather than video) but not for some years. I've certainly lost the taste for playing to an audience which is something I once relished. Must be a sign of old age creeping on. :unsure:

The two videos I've done (the first one was very much off the cuff) were recorded while Sal was out for the day, I'll try another with Sal as 'engineer'/audience but not for a little while yet - I need to find a tune that's worth the effort. I'd love to do the Tipp Staff but it's challenging enough without the added pressure of a one eyed monster staring at me. :o