Chunes

Bob Norris

Hi peeps,

Quick run down,, been playing a few months on a G/D Anglo. I play with the rows on the d row with our Ceilidh band playing notes and not cords. Semi fast Irish tunes.

Well, Ive been playing around so to speak and I have been pecking out tunes on the g (middle row) adding notes like cords on the left and playing the tune on the right. Yea I know this is hard for a piper to do ;) I was wondering if anybody knew ant tunes that use the same row?

Here is a recording me playing one of these tunes I came up with. Dont laugh please ;) http://www.jamestownceilidhband.com/band/carla.mp3

It's a good start-- the rhythm is consistent, the chords, while simple, don't overpower the tune. I don't play anglo, so I can't be a lot of help with single row tunes.

I looked at your band's website-- six sets of smallpipes all at once must be something to behold!

Have fun with the band, the concertina, and your tune composition.

It's a good start-- the rhythm is consistent, the chords, while simple, don't overpower the tune. I don't play anglo, so I can't be a lot of help with single row tunes.

I looked at your band's website-- six sets of smallpipes all at once must be something to behold!

Have fun with the band, the concertina, and your tune composition.

Whew, I was beginning to think I was alone ;) Yea, 6 is pretty wild although its usually less because some us are dual and more musicians.

Most of what I have been playing is accompaniment notes. The link above was just something I pecked out after I realized there were other buttons ;) Hopefully some Anglo player will jump in and direct me a little. Thanks again!