Tune Of The Month For July

Tom Kruskal and I were waiting for the last evening bus to take us from the campsite ceilidh to our B&B at the York Sword Spectacular last month in England.

As we waited in the glassed in bus stop, I suggested that we play some tunes and out came the Anglos. That would be my Dipper and his Crabb, both 38 button G/Ds. The sound was great, bouncing around in there, and we played for twenty minutes before the bus came... a fine way to pass the time, though rather surprising that were able to play at all, considering our condition.

Click HERE to listen to a few of the tunes we were playing including:

Lads a Bunchum

Orange in Bloom

Lass of Richmond Hill

Will you ever bring your brother over to the UK?

Chris

The above was in the UK, of course...but that was in May and so does you little good now.

:rolleyes:

Will you ever bring your brother over to the UK?

Chris

The above was in the UK, of course...but that was in May and so does you little good now.

:rolleyes:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Tom comes over to the UK quite often on his own. I've never brought him.He has a gaggle of ever changing teen sword teams in Boston, MA that have danced at Sidmouth and the previous Sword Spectacular events over the years. I rarely get to play with Tom and York was really fun for us because it gave us that rare opportunity.

You know, for some reaon when you wrote "York" I thought of York and York Beach in Maine. Nice place, but not an obvious choice for a sword spectacular. Bizarre or what?

I shall watch out for any visiting teen sword sides from Boston in the UK. As a founder member of the East Saxon Sword I shall bring a professional eye to the proceedings.

Cheers,

Chris

Nice! Wouldn't like to dance "Lads" at that speed though - you'd be spending most of the time in the air. ;)

Well.. you are right about that, Dave.

The team I had in my mind's eye though, was Mr. Jorrocks. Our tempo would have been a bit fast for them, I think. They certainly liked to spend as much time airborne as they could manage and liked the music to trick us into thinking they were up there even longer than they actually were. I have no idea if they danced a Lads, probably not, but since there were no dancers there, and you could not have seen them in the dark even if they were there, which they were not... we could do as we liked.

I'm glad you liked the post.