Concertina Players Get Together At Irish Arts Week?

Hello

I'll be at Irish Arts Week in NY in July. Would any other attendees here like to have a pre-week gathering, Sunday evening. (July 13).

I've never been there so maybe others who have could suggest a good location(and time) to meet, to chat, play, etc..?

Richard

Richard... I think concertina players hide from each other at that thing... they disguise their concertina cases to look like Uilleann pipes cases and stuff like that. Or maybe there's a local code that prohibits concertinas from being within 500 feet of each other.

Mr. Buttons

All that you say is true. I can only hope to believe that comraderie and good will, can only help to ease the burdensome grip of institutionalized anachronistic social customs.

Richard

I think it is a great idea but will not be up untill thursday night. maybe sometime on friday. Doug Barr

If this is your first time at East Durham you're in for a treat. I don't know about a concertina get together though: you'll find plenty of sessions going on around the Weldon house area and the next mile or so in town; you won't be short of people to play with or company, trust me. What classes are you doing?

Alan Caffrey.

I'm still undecided but won't be there before Wednesday at the earliest. Last time I was there it seemed everywhere I went I was surrounded by concertinas and had a wonderful time.

Or maybe there's a local code that prohibits concertinas from being within 500 feet of each other.

I think the building code is the reason for this since each bar seems to be a couple of miles from the next one - East Durham is very spread out!