Drone Keys

On an Anglo, this technique involves switching between two buttons at each change of bellows direction.)

Well the only true drone, as I understand it, on an anglo is the left hand thumb key which is (generally) a "C" on both press and draw. So you're not changing buttons, you just anchor your thumb there and play away as normal.

To be used sparingly in my opinion, and regardless of the instrument. -Can't understand pipers for instance who insist keep their D-drone foghorning away over tunes in A and E minor etc. :blink:

On my Suttner however it's a a C draw and an F push, which I find a hell of lot more useful. - If nobody minds me (literally) blowing my own trumpet, I'll try an attach a track of me playing a simple slow air melody (taken off Slide second album - Harmonic Motion) - the second time round I alternate between the thumb C on the draw and regular C on the push to get a C drone effect. And I use it again third time around to embellish a C chord with the push F and then an F chord with a draw C, which I think is my favourite chord on the anglo concertina. :)

05_Carraig_Aonair.mp3

As a matter of interest - This file I've uploaded - is there a way of attaching or uploading it to the site without it using up my allocation 4.39MB of attachment space? - Is there any sort of shared file resource or file dump or something on the site?

As a matter of interest - This file I've uploaded - is there a way of attaching or uploading it to the site without it using up my allocation 4.39MB of attachment space? - Is there any sort of shared file resource or file dump or something on the site?

Hi Aogan

A little while back, Dick Miles pointed to this site: http://www.soundlantern.com/Index.do

Seems to do a good job of holding the files, and then past the link in the post. Takes up none of the attachment space.

Thanks

Leo