Chords On The Anglo

JimD

I've hung out here for a while and finally joined back in January. I've purchased a Stagi 30-button Model W-15LN. I'm making pretty good progress and I'm told I hum 'Off to California" in my sleep. ;)

I'm wanting to incorporate chords early on so that I'm not just learning melody. In the links is this article: How To Play Chords On An Anglo - by John Kirkpatrick

But when I try to access it, it's not to be found. Does any one know where I can find the article and/or other resources regarding chords: how to do them and where to put them.

BTW, my thanks to Simon Wells for his on-line Ango Tutor. It gave me "permission" to work across the different rows and develop a more fluid style. Other good stuff there that I may use later but this along with his chart of the button layout has been invaluable.

Yep, I'm hooked. Anyone else out there from southwest Iowa or the Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska area.

thanks for whatever help you can provide.

take care

jim d (I go by "livethe question" over on the Chiff & Fipple forums)

Edited by JimD

>Ive hung out here for a while and finally joined back in January. I've purchased a >Stagi 30-button Model W-15LN. I'm making pretty good progress and I'm told I >hum 'Off to California" in my sleep

If you're interested in learning chording for that tune, hunt up a copy of the vinyl "Round Pound Relics," and hear how Tom Kruskal, an exemplary Anglo player, arranges it in C. I slavishly learned it from the record, and now I , too, hum it in my sleep, but with very nice chords. That translated nicely into chording for many other tunes.

JimD,

I downloaded those chord diagrams just before the link went dead. I haven't found them yet, but I know they're on at least one of my computers. Send me an email with your email address offline (meaning, click on my id and I'll send them outside the forum) and I'll find them and send them to you (and anyone else who wants them.) If worst came to worst and I can't find them, I know I printed them, so I have paper copies I could scan.

Edited by Stephen Mills

Jim D and contributors,

Me too I am intersted to get the Chord diagrams you mention here from Kirkpatrick.

My e-mail addres is : JoachimDelp@aol.com

My postal address is :

Joachim Delp

P.O. Bopx, 39

E-20.400 TOLOSA (gIPUZKOA)

sPAIN

i CAN OFFER TO YOU jIM AND OTHERS A COPY OF TWO tUROS i GOT GENEROUSLY IN kILVE (eNGLAND) from a Beginners weeked explainging chords with diagrams and tapes.

I think I am allowed to prtepare copies.

If you write me and tell me your interest and give me postal addres, I am preapred to send you a copy.

Kind regards

Joachim

Hi Jim,

After a little googling (I'm told they can't do you for it ....provided you don't touch ;-} , I found a link that works.

(Ken... links page might need updating)

http://www.hgmitchell.co.uk/

once on that page, click on Concertina then Anglo Concertina Chords.

The original article by the 'Grand Master' himself is to be found at

http://www.johnkirkpatrick.co.uk/wr_Anglo1.htm

Hope this helps

Dave

Edited by Dave Prebble