1917 Metal Ended Wheatstone On Ebay

Sandy Winters

metal-ended Wheatstone

A friend of mine has put his 1917 metal ended Wheatstone for sale on ebay. I have played this instrument on many occasions and his description is accurate in every way. It is an excellent example of what many consider to be the 'sports car model' (Chris Algar's term) of vintage Wheatstone EC's. It is bright and quick. The seller offered it to me but without expendable cash on hand I just can't do it at this time.

The seller is a gentleman and totally trustworthy.

metal-ended Wheatstone

A friend of mine has put his 1917 metal ended Wheatstone for sale on ebay. I have played this instrument on many occasions and his description is accurate in every way. It is an excellent example of what many consider to be the 'sports car model' (Chris Algar's term) of vintage Wheatstone EC's. It is bright and quick. The seller offered it to me but without expendable cash on hand I just can't do it at this time.

The seller is a gentleman and totally trustworthy.

Any sound files of this instrument, by any chance?

Thanks.

Any sound files of this instrument, by any chance?

Thanks.

No sound files that I'm aware of. The seller offers a 48 hour approval, so I don't see a problem. And of course any sound file is only as good as its weakest link, mics, mic placement, recording type and environment, bit-rate, sound-cards, cheesy computer speakers....Not of much use in my opinion.