Wheatstone 48-key Treble Ca. 1917 On Ebay

For anyone who might be interested, I just put my near-mint condition 1917 hexagonal Wheatstone 48-key treble with raised metal ends on eBay as auction number 170227076163

Please send any questions or comments to me via eBay rather than this website.

Dick Abrams

For anyone who might be interested, I just put my near-mint condition 1917 hexagonal Wheatstone 48-key treble with raised metal ends on eBay as auction number 170227076163

Please send any questions or comments to me via eBay rather than this website.

Dick Abrams

Looks superbly.

Is there any chance to hear it? Some of Metal ended Englishes sound fully and roundly, though bright, some - just piercingly bright, which may be good for playing at some session, but not great for solo.

I have played this instrument on several occasions and Dick's (Booseyflute) description of it is accurate in every way. It is an excellent example of what is usually considered to be the 'sports car model' of vintage Wheatstone EC's. It is bright and quick. Dick offered it to me before putting it on ebay, but I couldn't bring myself to part with my Aeola in order finance the purchase. If I had the expendable cash I'd purchase this instrument in a flash.

Wheatstone EC on ebay

For what it's worth, the seller is true gentleman and totally trustworthy.

I'll post this link in the Buy and Sell section.