Two Jeffries Duets For Sale.

Tezza

Hi, My name is Terry Robertshaw and this is my first visit here. Some of you concertina players may have heard of my darling husband Nick Robertshaw, who died very suddenly last year. Nick had three Jeffries two of which I would like to sell. I'm no expert here but I can look at the boxes and answer questions. The smaller box Nick bought so he would have something to play whilst his old faithful had a little work done, and the other is a larger box in a different key. You can hear Nick play the bigger box on his Wiki page .

He paid a little over 4K for each box after many years of hunting.

Edited by Tezza

Hi, My name is Terry Robertshaw and this is my first visit here. Some of you concertina players may have heard of my darling husband Nick Robertshaw, who died very suddenly last year. Nick had three Jeffries two of which I would like to sell.

As one who had met Nick but live the wrong side of the Atlantic to get to know him well, I think I can speak for many of the concertina players here when I say yes, we had heard of Nick and were greatly saddened by his death. I hope you find good homes for these instruments.

Chris

Hi, My name is Terry Robertshaw and this is my first visit here. Some of you concertina players may have heard of my darling husband Nick Robertshaw, who died very suddenly last year. Nick had three Jeffries two of which I would like to sell. I'm no expert here but I can look at the boxes and answer questions. The smaller box Nick bought so he would have something to play whilst his old faithful had a little work done, and the other is a larger box in a different key. You can hear Nick play the bigger box on his Wiki page .

For anybody who is interested: Nick was fastidious about his instruments. They were played hard and tweaked for the best possible sound. I'm sure these will be outstanding instruments for anybody interested in playing the Jeffries system.

Who knows, maybe some of Nick's musical magic will convey with the instruments.

Terry,

After reading the posts I couldn't help checking out the youtube clips of Nick playing the duets. He looks like lots of fun and the instruments produced a beautiful sound. I am sorry I never met him.

Deepest sympathies on your loss. Best wishes on your sales. If you post the instruments on ebay - place another post on concertina.net to let people know.

Dan