Ssi 2009

Oh dear. Do we have to be in tune? :unsure:

Tune in... and find out.

Ah, but you did that, Chas.

So please give us your impression of the weekend. :)

As one of the principal organizers, I will post my thoughts in a few days, as well as a link to some photos, but I'd like to encourage others to give their own views first.

I will say that SSI 2009 was a success, and next year's Scandinavian Squeeze-In is now scheduled for the weekend of April 23-25, 2010.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you all had a good time.

Cheers,

Chris

PS they're letting me out of hospital today!

Edited to add PPS: Yippee, I'm out. 10 days in hospital (even a good one) is long enough!

Edited by Chris Timson

post-373-1241102987_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Danny!
:)

To those who fear that interest in the concertina will die out... please note the variety of ages of the participants. :)

So does the baby play the concertina too? ;)

To those who fear that interest in the concertina will die out... please note the variety of ages of the participants. :)

Yes, didn't you spot it in Danny's photo? :rolleyes:

It's sitting just above the melodeon that Chas (the fidjit) made at Stowmarket, between a Hohner and a Dipper, right in the middle of this close-up:

SSI2.jpg

I seem to remember (from another thread) that Chris Timson has one just like it... ;)

Edited by Stephen Chambers

And in case anybody's wondering what the piece of paper is, sticking out of the bellows of Henrik's self-made English concertina - it's the bus timetable to Kilrush, so I guess he's firmly "nailing his colours to the mast" for August!

P10303082.jpg

Notice, he's done away with the thumb straps altogether now... :blink:

...Henrik's self-made English concertina...

P10303082.jpg

Notice, he's done away with the thumb straps altogether now... :blink:

So although it's not really an anglo, neither is it quite a proper English.

What does that make it?

An
anguish?
:unsure:
:ph34r:

Thanks, Danny!
:)

And in the background is the infamous shower door, that Rickard wants to forget. :blink:

I seem to remember (from another thread) that Chris Timson has one just like it... ;)

Ssme instrument. I gave it to Pontus and Louise to get their first born started on the right path. Nice to see it again.

Chris

And in the background is the infamous shower door, that Rickard wants to forget. :blink:

Only you're not going to let him, are you Chas? ;) :lol:

It's a pity I didn't have my camera handy at the time (it was before breakfast!), but here's a picture showing the two of them later in the day, where he does look like he's in a bit of a hurry to get away from his old adversary:

P10303052.jpg

I sent the photo Pontus took to Jim. May he can post them.

Photo to "embarrass" Rickard?
Don't know that I should do that
here
He's not a Concertina.net member.

A lovely group photo but 'who is who'? I recognise Jim, Danny, Stephen, but no one else. Can we have an identification caption naming names, please, i.e. ' in the picture, from left to right we have........'. Also, another one identifying the concertinas would be cool too.

Chris

A lovely group photo but 'who is who'? I recognise Jim, Danny, Stephen, but no one else. Can we have an identification caption naming names, please, i.e. ' in the picture, from left to right we have........'. Also, another one identifying the concertinas would be cool too.

Chris

Front row : Jim Lucas, Susi (Ennis traveller), Henrik Muller, Louise (With second child on back) ,Heidi (Danny's wife and Daughter), Rickard and me.

Back row : Stephen Chambers, Jan ?, Fredrika, Pontus (with his and Louse's first born), Some guy from Poland, Danny (Ratface), Last guy can't remember his name.