Neffa Report

They also have a nice still pic of our jam here:

g1a911cc29e4dafdd3278efe04f6b2f3e8da17705ee3ad4.jpg

David B is the bald one, I'm the balder one.

My wife says we don't look very happy. Pictures can be deceiving.

...now if only Mr. Ide's caption of this photograph didn't say I was the one in the "striped sweater vest." Feh. Sure it's a vest (or a waistcoat), but it's woven, not knitted, and I think sweater vests are generally pullovers, not button-up. Also, you don't carry a watch with a half Albert chain in a sweater vest (though it's possible he didn't see that).

Right, back to things actually having to do with music and our instrument of choice.

Oh, and:

Incidentally, I'm Joshua, not Aaron--could you be thinking of Aaron Marcus? He's Hayden player and was at NEFFA last year (and I remember seeing the two of you playing together for morris), though we don't look at all alike...

My sincere apologies, Joshua. I can be terrible with names. No, I wasn't thinking of Aaron Marcus. But you do remind me of another Aaron I know (not a concertina player) and although I knew your initials were JDMS, I guess I sort of had a brain f*rt while I was typing.

Oh, no worries--I seem to remind people of other people...

jdms

My wife says we don't look very happy. Pictures can be deceiving.

It's the infamous Concertina Scowl. I have a pic of the open band at a squeeze-in, and we all look like we had just been fed big doses of castor oil or something.

A smiling concertinist is probably not having any fun.

This video revolution is amazing; I just found a clip of my group doing Bacca Pipes, or at least the last 2/3s of it: Bacca Pipes

Edited by Jim Besser

Sometimes an old concertinist does smile. My colleagues were playing Bonaparts Retreat so beautifully and the sun was warm and well, it was a fine lunch hour diversion as folks listened to us play music for the the Southern Literature festival at the college library.