Where's The Best Place To Buy A Concertina Case?

Gan Ainm

Any suggestions on where to buy a concertina case?

I am looking for a decent quality case for a "standard" size concertina (Jones treble) and also for a larger one (Lachenal baritone), in which the concertina is stored horizontally when the case is upright.

Can't answer this one myself but if you don't want to wait for someone who can, I'm sure if you search the forums there've been several discussions about it and some really positive recommendations.

I suggest that in the first instance, you check out The Music Room, in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire here. They do two hard cases especially for concertinas: the Acoustica standard and the Acoustica large, suitable for larger concertinas such as baritones. Prices are from £39.00. I have bought one of each and I am very pleased with them. I have blocked mine with strips of some one inch thick foam I found in a skip.

Chris

I am looking for a decent quality case for a "standard" size concertina (Jones treble) and also for a larger one (Lachenal baritone), in which the concertina is stored horizontally when the case is upright.

I bought a great case from John Fallon. You can contact him at falloncases@comcast.net

Suzanne

Kevin Griffin

Mountain Stage

Glenbeigh

Kerry

Tel:0669768163

He makes custom made cases of all kinds.He has made me two double cases over the years.They are exceptionally strong(you can sit on them if there are no seats left in a session)and they are good value.My two cases are now over ten years old and show little sign of wear although they are in constant use.Kevin can sometimes be found selling cases at various fleadhs and festivals.