Percy Honri

I found a copy of the 1934 movie Lily of Killarney and posted Percy's performance here:

Pity he plays in between the dialog. He does have a cute moustache and I did not know he also sang. Does anybody have the software to clean up the audio and video a bit?

I have Peter Honri's book "Working the halls" and found an interesting reference to his three successful tours in South Africa in the 1930's. He also made a recording in Afrikaans. I would appreciate any additional information about Percy Honri that anyone can contribute.

Thanx

Sean

....................Does anybody have the software to clean up the audio and video a bit?........................

Thanx

Sean

Hi Sean

Nice find. Thanks

Try these two and see if there is any better resolution, or better sound. I'm limited by my laptop speakers, so I can't tell for sure. But on a 27" TV the first one looks noticably sharper. Considering, it's made quite a few years ago, it looks pretty good to me.

To get a (slightly noticeable) bump in resolution, try adding &fmt=6 to the end of the address line. The trick, according to YouTube watchers, seems to work primarily with newer videos, and bumps the resolution from 320x240 to 448x336.

Add &fmt=18 to the end of the URL in the address bar, and you might get an MP4-encoded version, with better audio and a 480x360 resolution.

Thanks

Leo :D

I found a copy of the 1934 movie Lily of Killarney and posted Percy's performance here:

Hi Sean,

I see that Baynham Honri (Percy's son-in-law) and Peter Honri's father, is also in the credits, but can't quite see for what.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Sean,

I see that Baynham Honri (Percy's son-in-law) and Peter Honri's father, is also in the credits, but can't quite see for what.

Regards,

Peter.

There is mention of Baynham in "Working the halls" as film and television consultant. There are pictures of him operating a radio transmitter for the first broadcast from a moving train, operating a camera on R.M.S. Berengaria and as President of the British Kinematograph Society. It looks like he was more on the production side than the performance side.