New "concertina Art" On My Website

Hello Everybody,

My mother Vicki is a painter and she is in the process of painting a series of Concertina art. She has completed 10 different paintings in the series.

Right now we are offering cards and prints, but posters will be added shortly. We live near Limoges and intend to have them make mugs, cups and pitchers for us as well.

I will take some samples of the cards and prints to the Bielefield concertina event in Germany, where I've been invited this next weekend.

Any ideas or suggestions will be very much appreciated,

Juliette

http://www.juliettedaum.com/index.html

Edited by squeezora

My mother Vicki is a painter and she is in the process of painting a series of Concertina art. She has completed 10 different paintings in the series.

http://www.juliettedaum.com/index.html

Music can be a serious business, especially for those who perform it to a high standard. Also, some of the topics on this Forum can be seriously and passionately debated. So, it's nice to have some escapism from reality; a touch of humour, and something to run along side all those serious issues.

I have to say that I experience a strong sense of déjà vu, when looking at some of Vicki's concertina paintings. Those who have met one or two of my concertinas will know why. I admire Vicki's style, and use of vibrant colours. I had the great pleasure of seeing some of her work, for myself, last year. I've also had a sneak preview of some of her paintings now posted on Juliette's website, and you'll never believe her latest creation! :)

So much talent under one roof.

So, I say to Vicki and Juliette "Keep up the good work". The concertina world has been sadly lacking in artwork.

Peter.

The Tango one is unasked for. Tango? And Anglo-Concertina?

I think you've missed the point, on this one. It's a Maccann Duet (made by Jeffries, if my judgement is correct), which goes well with the Tango dancers dancing a duet. Well, art is about interpretation, and that's my interpretation; a play on words.

I think I'm right, since Juliette, Vicki and William enjoy playing word games.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - actually, this one's my favourite of those currently on the website.

It's a German made duet, given that all the buttons are not alligned.

This is art, not a technical drawing exercise. It's very much like life, where we like people in spite of (or maybe because of) their imperfections. If you seek imperfection, you will always find it.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - you have probably upset the Germans too!

This is art, not a technical drawing exercise.

So it's an interpretation of a bandoneon?

I see.

No guys, there must be some level of conversation, where left is on the left, and right is on the right, and two meters is not an interpretation of one, but actually 200% higher.

I'm not saying it should be thrown away, but it's just... you know... not there yet, needs some more work.

Perhaps a depiction of technical gizmo, like concertina, should be done with as much attention, as other elements, like lion and the bird and the flowers.

The Nuevau (sp?) motives are done pretty well, obviously artist likes and knows them, but conceritna depictions are contrastingly weaker.

Personally I'd like to see more involvement of the concertina in the vignette, not just been thrown there. Something like in the letter C.

Imagine publickly offered mp3 of Duet playing, where the left hand chords are so thick, they kill the melody. The advice will probably be given to lighten them up, regardless of personal taste of the musician and his interpretation.

This forum is great in the sense that in encompasses people from all spheres of life, including professional artists, painters and designers.

I knew my remarks will provoke some critique and may even sound rude.

I personally would feel very uneasy seen these drawings offered and an artist standing by. Bystanders may not feel the need to be nice and offer their true response, not knowing the artists is in front of them. It'll become tacky.

I would advise that lady to finesse her work some more before allowing it to be offered to the public. Not my business, of course, and nobody asked my opinion, so you can beat me, it's OK.

In case I offended someone - very sorry, didn't mean to, only meant to offer some more or less constructive suggestions in the expected sea of polite, but misleading niceness.

I myself am not an artist, tried to be, but put much less than 20 000 hours of practice before the age of 20.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not .....