Alfred Arnold Bandoneon

Dirge

It's for sale in NZ. hereSeems a huge amount of money to me (there's 2.5 kiwi$ to the £) but I wouldn't know (or want it); but the pedigree sounds good.

Dirge,

Good doble-A (Alfred Arnold) tango Bandoneons, in top condition, do fetch a good price. However, the seller doesn't mention how many notes this one has, or show (all-important) pictures of the ends, so it isn't even possible to tell if this one actually is a tango Bandoneon, and the price does sound high. :(

oǝl

sʞuɐɥʇ

¿¿ǝɹǝɥdsıɯǝɥ sıɥʇ uı ʇı ʎɐld oʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ʇı uɹnʇ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ plnoʍ

˙(ƃuıddıɥs ɟo pɐǝʇsuı ssǝnƃ ı) dn ʞɔıd ɐ sɹǝɟǝɹd ǝɥ

˙+ʞ02-ʞ21$sn ɹoɟ oƃ ʎllɐnsn ʎǝɥʇ ʎɐs oslɐ ʎǝɥʇ ˙dǝǝʇs ǝlʇʇıl ɐ ɯǝǝs sǝop ʇı ˙pıq ƃuıʇɹɐʇs sn0059$ sʍoɥs ʇı

ǝƃɹıp ʎǝɥ :lol:

It's for sale in NZ. hereSeems a huge amount of money to me (there's 2.5 kiwi$ to the £) but I wouldn't know (or want it); but the pedigree sounds good.

It's very steep. You can actually get a perfect AA (with zinc plates) for U.S $6,000.00 tops, and anywhere between $3,500.00 and $6,000.00. $11,000.00 kiwi is U.S$8.700. I am an AA bandoneon owner myself. For that money, I'd order a new one from Harry Geuns, an excellent manufacturer, and I'd still have enough money left to buy a concertina!

Very funny, Leo !

I wouldn't want the thing anyway, I was just being helpful. As I was typing it I was mentally comparing it, extremely unfavourably, to my duets.

How do you do that Leo? Is it a separate font, Kiwi writing?

:blink:

How do you do that Leo? Is it a separate font, Kiwi writing?

oǝl

sʞuɐɥʇ

˙ɹoɹɹıɯ ɐ uı ʇı pǝdʎʇ ı uǝɥʇ ˙ʞɔɐq ǝɥʇ uo s,ʇı puɐ uʍopǝpısdn doʇdɐl ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ ı .sǝʎ sı ʇı :P

Edited by Leo