Edeophone: For Sale On Ebay 170211074796

alan56

The seller might just be a concertina player who hasn't sold on eBay before, but the lack of feedback could definitely be a warning sign. I'd suggest asking them to play it over the telephone or post some sound files to make sure that they really have the instrument. If you live close enough, visiting them and trying it out would be an even better idea. If not, bear in mind that you'd be buying an expensive object from an unknown seller and factor the risk involved in that into the price that you're willing to pay. On the other hand, the Barleycorn connection (assuming that the sale is legit) is a good sign.

Daniel

I seem to remember seeing these pictures on eBay a few months ago. Anyone else with a recollection?

Zero feedback for an ebay seller is not usually a good indication.

Greg

I'd say as long as you can collect it don't worry about the lack of feedback; you can make sure you get what you bid for at the time. I wouldn't want to just post a cheque off.

It looks quite nice, doesn't it? There are some splits in the ends, whether those are a potential problem I don't know enough to comment but I've heard elsewhere of edeophone wooden ends collapsing after prolonged exposure to central heating

I'd say as long as you can collect it don't worry about the lack of feedback; you can make sure you get what you bid for at the time. I wouldn't want to just post a cheque off.

It looks quite nice, doesn't it? There are some splits in the ends, whether those are a potential problem I don't know enough to comment but I've heard elsewhere of edeophone wooden ends collapsing after prolonged exposure to central heating

Hi all,

Would just like to say that I would be wary of this one too as I seem to remember seeing these picture on eBay last year some time. Something not right with this one IMHO.

Cheer!

Andie ;)

Hi all,

Would just like to say that I would be wary of this one too as I seem to remember seeing these picture on eBay last year some time. Something not right with this one IMHO.

Cheer!

Andie ;)

Hi all,

Cheer!

Andie ;)

Morning all,

This has been an interesting learning curve for me.Thanks for your comments and advice.

The Edeophone has been withdrawn from Ebay.

I can only presume it was dodgy in some way, as some of you warned it could be.

Isn't this forum wonderful ?

Many thanks

Alan