Crabb 60 Key Crane

Pete Dunk

It's here on ebay. Looks very good indeed.

Looks lovely. And me with no budget.

Ah well, it's not like I don't have an instrument to play.

I wish the seller would say what the ranges of the two sides are. There are a few reasonable possibilities, based on the layout of the buttons:

The lowest note in the right hand could be middle C, or it could be the G below that.

The lowest note in the left hand could be an octave below middle C, or the G below that, but possibly (though less likely) even the C two octaves below middle C.

The above assumes that the instrument is pitched in C, not in Bb or some other key.

My kind of Crabb I think, can anybody help me with some cash?

Besides, I tried to put up a bid of 2 cents and it has been refused as I am not in England, and the seller explicitely does not want to ship overseas.

I tried to put up a bid of 2 cents and it has been refused as I am not in England, and the seller explicitely does not want to ship overseas.

Cheapskate. If you promise to reimburse me in case I win the auction, I'll stick a 50p bid on it on your behalf. :P

My kind of Crabb I think, can anybody help me with some cash?

Besides, I tried to put up a bid of 2 cents and it has been refused as I am not in England, and the seller explicitely does not want to ship overseas.

If it's only the shipping that's the problem, and not that the seller doesn't want the instrument to leave England, I would point out that by traveling on a discount airline it could be cheaper for you to fetch the instrument in person than insured shipping, and then the seller would be spared all the troubles of packing and shipping. ... If you win the auction, that is. :D

Easyjet flies to England from Amsterdam. Ryanair flies to England from Eindhoven. There may be others.