You Really Want To Watch This

ExodusDeep in your heart you love the MELODICA.. it's ok... we understand....free at last..

Or better yetclick HERE a little Tequila on a low budget. These instruments are like the ones in a kids playroom. For that I applaud him

Yes this is not concertina related, the powers that be are free to remove..

Edited by stevejay

ExodusDeep in your heart you love the melodeon.. it's ok... we understand....free at last..

Or better yetclick HERE a little Tequila on a low budget. These instruments are like the ones in a kids playroom. For that I applaud him

Its a Melodica not a melodeon

You're right, the Tequila one is brilliant. My mum won't let me see the one with melodions it; she says it'll give me bad dreams.

It's melodeon not melodion

There I feel better now :)

I love it. I play at least that many instruments, and I've often daydreamed about putting together a tape like this guy. Call me a control freak.

Which reminds me. Joke from recent "Prairie Home Companion Joke Show":

Roy Blount, Jr.: Knock knock

Garrison Keillor: Who's there?

Roy Blount, Jr.: Control freak. Now you say "Control freak who?"

I love it. I play at least that many instruments, and I've often daydreamed about putting together a tape like this guy. Call me a control freak.

Which reminds me. Joke from recent "Prairie Home Companion Joke Show":

Roy Blount, Jr.: Knock knock

Garrison Keillor: Who's there?

Roy Blount, Jr.: Control freak. Now you say "Control freak who?"

Then you'll want to bring it to the streets

Edited by stevejay

I love it. I play at least that many instruments, and I've often daydreamed about putting together a tape like this guy.

Yes, the problem is to get all the band members to cooperate; especially if they are all control freaks.

randy

ExodusDeep in your heart you love the melodeon.. it's ok... we understand....free at last..

Its a Melodica not a melodeon

T'is, but only 'cos it's made by Hohner and Melodica is their trade-mark, so other firms who make melodicas have to call them by different names (usually starting with Melod...) like Melody Horn, Melodyman or (yes) even Melodeon.

You're right, the Tequila one is brilliant. My mum won't let me see the one with melodions it; she says it'll give me bad dreams.

It's melodeon not melodion

Melodeon has become the accepted spelling, but formerly melodion was just as common in published sources such as tutor books, catalogues etc. Indeed the latter spelling could be considered advantageous, to differentiate between the button accordion and the older American reed-organ called a melodeon... :unsure:

There I feel better now ;)

Edited by Stephen Chambers

• 1 month later...
ExodusDeep in your heart you love the MELODICA.. it's ok... we understand....free at last..

Did you notice his playing technique (fingering) on the Melodica?

He uses his RH for the naturals, and the LH crawls up the other side for the sharps and flats. Sort of like playing EC.

I have a Melodica with a more normal piano-type keyboard, so probably couldn't finger it like this. But I thought that was cool -- and more relevant to this Net, being like EC.

Anyway, his multi-tracking editing is awesome. --Mike K.