Tedrow 30 Button Anglo For Sale

FloridaSCT

I haven't posted on this forum before, but I am a public figure and the item I have for sale is in the condition stated. I have for sale a 2004 Tedrow C/G 30 button Anglo concertina in like-new condition. I visited Bob Tedrow's shop in November 2004 and watched as he finished up the tuning and assembly of this incredible instrument, and I bought it from him on the spot. That visit meant the world to me at a time when I needed such an experience. I'll never forget his hospitality and patience.

I've never played it since, and I feel it should belong to someone who will. It's been safely tucked in it's softside tote and monster armored carrying case in our home office. I've inspected it and the bellows are a stunning forest green and tight. All the buttons and reeds work and sound just like the day I bought it. There's not a nick or blemish that I can see. The sound is full, and the touch on the buttons is very easy. The serial number is handwritten inside and says "2004 #4." It has 6 bellows and measures 6-1/2 inches across the flats. I have high resolution photos of it. I'm attached some images.

I live in the Gainesville, Florida area, and am willing to show it to anyone seriously interested in purchasing it, or to anyone they care to send to inspect it if need be. I ask $1,800 for the concertina plus $25 shipping/insurance CONUS and 3% if you wish to use PayPal. If you care to speak to me, email your contact info and I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks for considering this.

post-6716-1207939797_thumb.jpg

post-6716-1207939978_thumb.jpg

post-6716-1207940025_thumb.jpg

post-6716-1207940050_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I'm just curious. "I am a public figure and the item I have for sale is in the condition stated" I'm sure it will prove to be as you say but I don't understand the statement. Could you explain further?

The layout is Jefferies. The initial comment I made was because I don't have a track record with any of you and I was trying to say that since I am a public figure, perhap you would feel somewhat safe in dealing with me (moreso than if I said I was holed up in the basement living with my mother).

The condition of the concertina is excellent, and I was trying to say that I am not misrepresenting anything. I deal a lot with contracts, and when I'm lost for something to say I occasionally--and without warning--suddenly launch into legaleeze. Sorry about that.

The Tedrow is gorgeous, plays great, and it's hard for me to sell it.

Sorry, I'm just curious. "I am a public figure and the item I have for sale is in the condition stated" I'm sure it will prove to be as you say but I don't understand the statement. Could you explain further?

. . . you would feel somewhat safe in dealing with me (moreso than if I said I was holed up in the basement living with my mother).
I really don't think that kind of prejudicial statement is appropriate, and I'm not writing this just because my mom told me to either. :)

But if we want to buy YOUR concertina, that's OK with her, right?
You'd need to ask your mother, Dirge. <_<

I asked, mom, she wasn't pleased with me :(
Going too often down to the damp basement makes them that way, steve. Just make your bed yourself once in a while. :lol:

I think a lot are interested, especially in a Tedrow, but don't have the money to lay out. So they banter, sorry for hijacking your thread, I don't think any of it was aimed towards you or the sale. :D Hope you get your buyer, looks like a good player.

No offense, but I think you two are over-thinking this. Let's just say it has great sentimental value to me.

The Tedrow is gorgeous, plays great, and it's hard for me to sell it.

:unsure: But you haven't played it since you got it 4 years ago?? Puzzling.

True that.. :huh: