Lachenal Anglo C/g No. 26722 For Sale

totokots

Hi All

I am selling my Lachenal anglo C/G concertina. I have made a short video, including photos, of the concertina which can been seen at the following youtube link:

The concertina is number 26722 which I think dates it somewhere in the mid 1870's.

It is in excellent condition. There is a squeak on the drawn C# (see end of video). I'm told this is relatively easy to repair but I don't know how to do it!

I purchased the concertina in October 2007 for 2,200 euro, and had a full service done on it. I am selling it because I have recently purchased a top-of-the-range concertina.

This would be an ideal concertina for a beginner/intermediate adult.

Anyone interested can contact me at totokots@gmail.com and I will happily answer any queries.

I live in Dublin for anyone local who may wish to try it out.

All the Best

totokots.

It is in excellent condition. There is a squeak on the drawn C# (see end of video). I'm told this is relatively easy to repair but I don't know how to do it!

This could well be a slighty loose reed frame.

If you unscrew the end of the concertina, note which chamber contains the affected reed, and remove the reed pan, a loose reed frame should slip out of its slot very easily. Cut a thin strip of paper (1 inch x 1/8 inch approx.) and slide it into the slot in the reed pan so that it sits at the side of the reed frame when it is relocated.

Hope this works for you!

Peter.

If you unscrew the end of the concertina, note which chamber contains the affected reed, and remove the reed pan, a loose reed frame should slip out of its slot very easily. Cut a thin strip of paper (1 inch x 1/8 inch approx.) and slide it into the slot in the reed pan so that it sits at the side of the reed frame when it is relocated.

Hope this works for you!

Peter.

Thanks for the advice Peter- I'll give it a try.

• 1 month later...

Hope this works for you!

Peter.

I can confirm that this works. ;)