30 Button Bastari $30

stevejay

I have a 30 button Bastari, would sell for $30 plus shipping if someone wants it. It needs one spring which I took for my Rochelle. I'll get pics later if someone cares about it.

Has a sweet sound, great beginner instrument, or to learn the basics.

$1.00 per button, not a bad deal.

The buttons were improved with the model airplane fuel tubing by the way, you won't need to.

Steve

Edited by stevejay

Autumn has first dibs, but if she doesn't take it, I will. It would be great to try out an anglo to go with my Jack as well as to have a reason to take one apart.

Let me know please. Thanks!

-Scott

Edited by Badger

Hi there,

I was just wondering how old the 'tina is, and how the bellows are? Thanks!

Regards,

Autumn :)

I've had a couple of requests for this, but no pics up yet. It has metal ends, plastic buttons, missing a spring, and a couple of small leaks on a couple of corners which were repaired with butterfly bandage shaped brown duct tape to match the color of the bellows.

I will TRY to get pics up soon (tonight)

Will offer in the order of interest, sorry I was slow to respond to my inbox.

Steve

Hi there,

Regards,

I've had a couple of requests for this, but no pics up yet. It has metal ends, plastic buttons, missing a spring, and a couple of small leaks on a couple of corners which were repaired with butterfly bandage shaped brown duct tape to match the color of the bellows.

Steve

Pics in the morning, there was some interest in this Bastari, but I'll probably NOT get around to making or finding a spring for this after all. So it will be as is. The good news- the reeds are in tune and all sound. Sending an instrument like this out for a tuning is not cost effective ( I wouldn't)

Sorry I've been a bit delinquent about this, I have around 10 batteries for my camera, and I discovered they might as well all grace a recycling bin.

Hi there,

Regards,

Steve

Pics in the morning, there was some interest in this Bastari, but I'll probably NOT get around to making or finding a spring for this after all. So it will be as is. The good news- the reeds are in tune and all sound. Sending an instrument like this out for a tuning is not cost effective ( I wouldn't)

Sorry I've been a bit delinquent about this, I have around 10 batteries for my camera, and I discovered they might as well all grace a recycling bin.

Unless you like a really weird drone, this Bastari needs its spring.

Edit: I am trying to fashion a spring, but I don't have the right one. I may just have to sell as is. Sorry for all this over a $30 Bastari... Springs are not so east to install, I could come up with something better, it could just be a simple snap in mechanism like a small piston to slide under a lever?? So easy, and the compression could be variable depending on type.. I can see this piston/spring mechanism in my minds eye,

Edited by stevejay

I have a 30 button Bastari, would sell for $30 plus shipping if someone wants it. It needs one spring which I took for my Rochelle. I'll get pics later if someone cares about it.

Steve, why not get a new, "officially" correct Rochelle spring from Wim Wakker? Then you could put the Bastari spring back where it came from.

At that price, I'd be interested in the instrument myself, if it weren't for the hassle and expense of shipping it to Denmark. I like to encourage beginners, and I'd be much more willing to loan out a Bastari than a Jeffries.

Steve, why not get a new, "officially" correct Rochelle spring from Wim Wakker? Then you could put the Bastari spring back where it came from.

At that price, I'd be interested in the instrument myself, if it weren't for the hassle and expense of shipping it to Denmark. I like to encourage beginners, and I'd be much more willing to loan out a Bastari than a Jeffries.

I have a Rochelle spring in my Rochelle, and I am going to try and find a good quality safety pin for the bastari.

Aw, fer goodness sake PM me your address and I'll post you a proper spring. I'm in the UK mind, might take a few days to get there. Left or right hand? On second thoughts I'll send you both it's easier! :P

Pete.

Hullo Steve,

I sent a PM a week ago, post was new, maybe it didn't arrive? Think I asked if it was in C/G and expressed interest in it.

Cheers, John

He seems to have dropped off the earth. I sent my first PM on March 28th and have sent several emails since. Hope he is ok

He's fine. I had also been in contact with him but he disappeared on April 2nd. He contacted me again last night and I purchased the Bastari from him. I'm sure from what I've read in this community you are all pretty close and were worried about him.

Since I'm typing this response I'll introduce myself, since up till now I've just been a troll on this board.

I live in Oklahoma and play a few instruments including tin whistle, harmonica and guitar.

I'm not sure what turned my interest to the concertina but I was drawn in over the last month or so. I almost bought a Chinese ebay instrument but reading thread after thread here warned me against that. When I saw this thread I started talking with Stevejay.

I'm sure I'll learn much from this community, and in time I'll hopefully give something back.

Thanks,

Danster

Hullo Steve,

I sent a PM a week ago, post was new, maybe it didn't arrive? Think I asked if it was in C/G and expressed interest in it.

Cheers, John

He seems to have dropped off the earth. I sent my first PM on March 28th and have sent several emails since. Hope he is ok

Edited by Danster

Hi...

Sorry, yes I did send it to Danster, and he'll be learning the guts of the concertina very soon, to replace the spring, and align the buttons.

To all those who expressed interest, sorry I didn't respond, I've been out and about quite a bit lately.

I am not even sure who responded first at this point, so I hope nobody feels slighted. I also expressed to Dan that ultimately he should consider a Rochelle, which is the best bang for the buck hands down.

Steve