Look What Someone's Taken Off The Wall!

Paul Read

:lol:

By the way, what exactly was the point of printing the names of the notes on those student model English concertinas? I can see the point of maybe making the C button a different texture to the other ones (like on an old Hohner Double Ray) so you could find it with your fingers. Were you expected to play the thing with the end facing towards you? And if so, why aren't the letters on the other hand printed in mirror image so you could see them with a mirror on your lap? :blink:

I just came on here to ask what those strange brass fittings, the like of which I have never seen before, were for.

Not only have you beaten me to it, but I am sure you have hit the nail firmly on the head.

poor old tina!

:lol:

By the way, what exactly was the point of printing the names of the notes on those student model English concertinas?

If you think that's bad, they used to put numbers on the buttons of Anglo concertinas - I kid you not! :rolleyes:

I guess you had to be able to read, to play an English... :unsure:

:P

Numbers? :huh:

It might have helped me if they'd have printed "dum" "der" "diddly" "dum" on them. ;)

.......................I wonder whether it still has its reedpans. :unsure:

Peter.

The pictures show what might be the mechanism in the holes without the buttons, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Leo :unsure: