Life Is Short, Play More Concertina

Found this on YouTube

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=afLYBScd5do&...feature=related

Nothing concertina related; but it just made me aware that I was spending too much time on my PC and too little on my EC! :(

So I'm off to play now... :)

Hermann

You're right, there, Hermann - but don't let it go too far, like this (substitute "Counterstrike" with "The Old Concertina Reel") if you can't open the case, if you have a stuck button or - the worst case - you can't hit the right buttons in the right order :D

/Henrik

I'm genuinly amazed at your tolerance. Truly nordic self-awareness. My hat is off to you.

The Ad made me sick. Such sence of humor. :(

It's probably some sort of primitive tongue in cheek.

And who, besides some lazy game playing left-overs, can claim that life is short?

It's long, guys, very long. The problem is how to fill it, not how to waste it.

You're right, there, Hermann - but don't let it go too far, like this (substitute "Counterstrike" with "The Old Concertina Reel") if you can't open the case, if you have a stuck button or - the worst case - you can't hit the right buttons in the right order :D

/Henrik

My playing can be energetic at times, but fortunately when my playing on the EC goes wrong I do not get aggressive and hysterical as that kid. I was quite impressed when he wrecks his keyboard and you see all these detached keys flying around! Do you imagine what such a fit would do with your vintage concertina, and what small fortune it would cost to repair/replace the instrument after each fit..... :o

No I just take a deep breath and start all over again until I get that damn ''Old Concertina Reel'' as I want (more or less) :wacko:

Hermann

Life is too short - play more C/G box.

I have to spend all day in front of the pc as a job, but I find it a delight, as I have internet radio on all day and can listen to Irish sessions or whatever to my hearts content.

I try to keep work and pleasure separate so keep my concertinas out of reach of my pc. They live downstairs next to my TV chair so whenever I want a tune, they are within reach - no excuse for not practising.

Life is also too short to play a tune more than 3 times (unless there is a very good reason) - I would rather play 10 tunes twice through than 5 tunes four times through. (only my personal opinion and a bit of a wind-up)

Life is also too short to play a tune more than 3 times (unless there is a very good reason) - I would rather play 10 tunes twice through than 5 tunes four times through. (only my personal opinion and a bit of a wind-up)

Well, we know that being "Wright" isn't quite the same as being "right".
B)

In fact, it looks rather like a mixture of "Wrong" and "right".
:D