The Lads Of Denton, St. Patty's Debut (tx)

My new Irish band, THE LADS, will debut Monday, St. Patty's Day, at Dan's Silverleaf (103 Industrial) in Denton, TX. If you're in the DFW area, come celebrate with us. We'll play at 9pm sharp. FREE SHOW. $2 Guinness.

Some of our early practices. $2 Guinness.

I play my 20-Button Anglo on several songs, autoharp on two songs, and sing lead on most songs. We also have acoustic bass and guitar, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica, whistles, and percussion (kit and bulrom (sp?)). And $2 Guinness.

I'm especially proud of our version of Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills." I especially love $2 Guinness.

Run for your life.

My new Irish band, THE LADS, will debut Monday, St. Patty's Day, at Dan's Silverleaf (103 Industrial) in Denton, TX. If you're in the DFW area, come celebrate with us. We'll play at 9pm sharp. FREE SHOW. $2 Guinness.

Some of our early practices. $2 Guinness.

I play my 20-Button Anglo on several songs, autoharp on two songs, and sing lead on most songs. We also have acoustic bass and guitar, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica, whistles, and percussion (kit and bulrom (sp?)). And $2 Guinness.

I'm especially proud of our version of Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills." I especially love $2 Guinness.

Run for your life.

So has everyone ignored ST. Pat's being moved to the 15th this year? <_<

So has everyone ignored ST. Pat's being moved to the 15th this year? <_<

Well, I'm ignoring it, anyway. As is the landlord of the cafe where we do our traditional Paddy's Nite gig.

This is one time when I'm glad I'm an Ulster Protestant - I'm authentically Irish, but I don't have to do what the Pope says ;)

Patrick was a County Antrim man*, like myself, and I'd like to pay him the respect of celebrating the day of his Promotion to Glory on the correct date, no matter what Rome thinks about it.

I'll be singing this song:

If Ireland were a lady fair, and Slemish were her breast,

And I were tired of wandering, it's there I'd seek my rest;

Where Patrick as a shepherd boy the grassy braes did roam,

Before he left to bring the Faith back to our island home."

Cheers,

John

* - Patrick wasn't born in Co. Antrim, as I'm sure you all know. He was brought there from Britain as a slave, but he liked the craic, and decided to become our Patron Saint.

Huge turnout. Successful show. A pretty Irish girl gave my drunk self a ride home and saw to it that I slept peacefully and well-pillowed until mid afternoon. Today is the day after St. Patty's. I'm going to walk up to my local and treat my hangover with a Guinness and a Bushmills.

A friend of mine filmed the show, so I should have links up by next week.

Erin, go bra-less.