Tedrow "old Time Dandy"

Agree with the look of the allen head screws... incongruous might be round head slotted brass not Phiilips either as these date to the 1930's

Also white/ivory buttons would look more like the bone that could have been used

Could see the wood being darker....

Also I can see the leather in a dark brown rather than black

and the Bellows might have square corners rather than rounded

I can also see the button bushes in a different color than red

But I like the concept

Edited by Jeff H

Agree with the look of the allen head screws... incongruous might be round head slotted brass not Phiilips either as these date to the 1930's

I'm totally in favor of Bob Tedrow's Allen head end bolts; wish I could get them in my new Wakker. Maybe they look inauthentic, but the practicality factor wins out if you open the instrument a lot. I still can't find a screwdriver that fits the end bolts of my Dipper/Lachenal; screwsdrivers that fit the screw diameter are too thin at the tip for the slot. If I had a grinder I could modify a screwdriver to fit, but I don't.

I have a square Herrington with phillips end bolts, and Harold supplied the correct size screwdriver with the instrument, another example of his outstanding customer service. That's an improvement, but I'd still prefer the hex bolts; it's a lot harder to chew them up.

• 4 weeks later...