Use Of Tune-0-tron

Cookie

Friends:

I've just joined, and I come here mostly for the marvelous Tune-0-Tron. That is what my question concerns, and I hope this is not the wrong place to ask it. If I've screwed up, please excuse the newbie mistake.

I've recently started using ABCs for transcribing and writing guitar music. I generally use the Tune-0-Tron for conversions, because it's very efficient and generally produces a lovely pdf. Also it means I don't have to muck around with shareware. However, it's doing something weird with the following, and Paul (the kind fellow who runs this site) hasn't been able to help me. He suggested I ask other members. Here's a fragment I submitted as a test (to see how well I was doing with chords instead of just melody):

X:1

T:English Dance

C: Trad. arr. by John Renbourn

C:Tuning: DGDGBD, Capo 2

M:2/4

L:1/8

K:G

|:[b,4DB](B/2A/2) GF/2G/2 | [D,4A](A/2F/2) D(D/2E/2)|[D,4F](FE)

G(FG)|[DA](A/2c/2)|[G,4D4B](B/2A/2) GF/2G/2|[D,4A:|

The result (when submitted) was pretty good, except that in just before the third measure I keep getting a bass clef (to deal with the very low D) and

then the next three notes are notated in that bass clef - the [D,4F](FE) - then

the sheet music switches back to treble. I cannot get it to stop switching into bass clef, even when I specify clef=treble, and even though it handles that really low D at the very end there, without converting to bass clef. Am I screwing up, or is there some way to keep it from switching

to bass clef just before that third measure? (As I say, even telling it specifically to keep using treble in that third bar doesn't help.)

Thanks

Hm, simply throwing in a K:treble worked for me:

C:Trad. arr. by John Renbourn 
K:treble
|:[B,4DB](B/2A/2) GF/2G/2 | [D,4A](A/2F/2) D(D/2E/2)|[D,4F](FE) 

Friends:

I've just joined, and I come here mostly for the marvelous Tune-0-Tron. That is what my question concerns, and I hope this is not the wrong place to ask it. If I've screwed up, please excuse the newbie mistake.

I've recently started using ABCs for transcribing and writing guitar music. I generally use the Tune-0-Tron for conversions, because it's very efficient and generally produces a lovely pdf. Also it means I don't have to muck around with shareware. However, it's doing something weird with the following, and Paul (the kind fellow who runs this site) hasn't been able to help me. He suggested I ask other members. Here's a fragment I submitted as a test (to see how well I was doing with chords instead of just melody):

C: Trad. arr. by John Renbourn

|:[b,4DB](B/2A/2) GF/2G/2 | [D,4A](A/2F/2) D(D/2E/2)|[D,4F](FE)

The result (when submitted) was pretty good, except that in just before the third measure I keep getting a bass clef (to deal with the very low D) and

then the next three notes are notated in that bass clef - the [D,4F](FE) - then

the sheet music switches back to treble. I cannot get it to stop switching into bass clef, even when I specify clef=treble, and even though it handles that really low D at the very end there, without converting to bass clef. Am I screwing up, or is there some way to keep it from switching

to bass clef just before that third measure? (As I say, even telling it specifically to keep using treble in that third bar doesn't help.)

Thanks

I had similar trouble when writing out Vivaldi's Winter Largo. A couple of bars towards the end kept dropping into the bass clef due to the low notes in the second line/voice. The only way I could keep the music in the treble clef was to insert additional notes in [uNISON] with the troublesome ones but TWO octaves higher. This forced the programme to remain in the treble clef. You just have to ingore the extra notes!! see here :-

T:Vivaldi. Winter Largo

M:C

L:1/16

W:NB. In the penultimate bar of the second part, ignore the two high 'F's.

W: In the last bar of the second part, ignore the high 'D'.

W: They are necessary to force the programme to print in the treble clef!!!

K:D

V:1

"D"d2(ag) f2(ed) "A7"e2A2 z2A2|"A7"(gf)(ed) c2g2 "D"g2f2 z2f2|"A7"e2(fg) a2(bc') "D"d2(ef) g2(ab)|

"A7"c2(de) f2(ga) "Bm"B2(cd) e2(fd)|"A"(c4c)(A^GA) "A7"(e4e)(AGA)|"D"(f4f)(A^GA) "Eo"(^g4g)(ede)|

"A"a2A2 z2a2 "A7"(ag)(fe) (dc)(BA)|"Bm"B6A2"A"A4z4|"A7"A2(ed) c2(BA) "Em"B2E2 z2E2|

"D"(dc)(BA) ^G2d2 d2c2 z2A2|"A7"(gf)(ed) c2g2 "D"g2f2 z2f2|"Bm"B2(cd) e2(fg) "A7"c2(de) f2(ga)|

"D"d2(ef) g2(ab) "A7"c4 z2(cd|"A7"e)(cBA) (fga)f e2A2 z2(cd|"A7"e)(cBA) (fga)f e2A2 z2(ea)|

"D"f2(ed) (c3d) (d8|"D"d16)|"D"d16||

V:2

DFAF DFAF CEAE CEAE|CEGE CEGE DFAF DFAF|EGAG FGFE FFGF EFED|

EEFE DEDC DDED CDCB,|CEAE CEAE CEAE CEAE|DFAF DFAF E^GBG EGBG|

CEAE CEAE B,EAE B,EAE|B,E^GE B,EGE A,CEC A,CEC|A,CEC A,CEC ^G,B,EB,G,B,EB,|

^G,B,DB, G,B,DB, CEAE CEAE|CEGE CEGE DFAF DFAF|DGDG EGEG EAEA FAFA|

FBFB GBGB CEAE CEAE|CEAE DFAD CEAE CEAE|CEAE DFAD CEAE CEAE|

DFAD CEAE DFAF DFAD|A,DFD A,DFD [F,f][A,][D][A,] [F,f][A,][D][A,]|[F,16D16d16]||

regards

Jake

Hm, simply throwing in a K:treble worked for me:

C:Trad. arr. by John Renbourn 
|:[B,4DB](B/2A/2) GF/2G/2 | [D,4A](A/2F/2) D(D/2E/2)|[D,4F](FE) 

That solution is so astute yet simple, Boney, I guess it's just baffling to some of us. :lol:

That solution is so astute yet simple, Boney, I guess it's just baffling to some of us. :lol:

Well, it seems to work with the Vivaldi too:

T:Vivaldi. Winter Largo
M:C
L:1/16
K:D
"D"d2(ag) f2(ed) "A7"e2A2 z2A2|"A7"(gf)(ed) c2g2 "D"g2f2 z2f2|"A7"e2(fg) a2(bc') "D"d2(ef) g2(ab)|
"A7"c2(de) f2(ga) "Bm"B2(cd) e2(fd)|"A"(c4c)(A^GA) "A7"(e4e)(AGA)|"D"(f4f)(A^GA) "Eo"(^g4g)(ede)|
"A"a2A2 z2a2 "A7"(ag)(fe) (dc)(BA)|"Bm"B6A2"A"A4z4|"A7"A2(ed) c2(BA) "Em"B2E2 z2E2|
"D"(dc)(BA) ^G2d2 d2c2 z2A2|"A7"(gf)(ed) c2g2 "D"g2f2 z2f2|"Bm"B2(cd) e2(fg) "A7"c2(de) f2(ga)|
"D"d2(ef) g2(ab) "A7"c4 z2(cd|"A7"e)(cBA) (fga)f e2A2 z2(cd|"A7"e)(cBA) (fga)f e2A2 z2(ea)|
"D"f2(ed) (c3d) (d8|"D"d16)|"D"d16||
DFAF DFAF CEAE CEAE|CEGE CEGE DFAF DFAF|EGAG FGFE FFGF EFED|
EEFE DEDC DDED CDCB,|CEAE CEAE CEAE CEAE|DFAF DFAF E^GBG EGBG|
CEAE CEAE B,EAE B,EAE|B,E^GE B,EGE A,CEC A,CEC|A,CEC A,CEC ^G,B,EB,G,B,EB,|
^G,B,DB, G,B,DB, CEAE CEAE|CEGE CEGE DFAF DFAF|DGDG EGEG EAEA FAFA|
FBFB GBGB CEAE CEAE|CEAE DFAD CEAE CEAE|CEAE DFAD CEAE CEAE|
DFAD CEAE DFAF DFAD|A,DFD A,DFD F,[A,][D][A,] F,[A,][D][A,]|[F,16D16]||

Jake, are you playing that on the concertina? Impressive if so!

Noo-o. Not all at once!!

I help run a weekly Easy Session for musicians ( all instruments ) and produced a book containing 100 tunes for us to concentrate on, rather than prat about with photo copies. It's given a boost to the session and most regulars have been willing to put their hands in their pockets for their own copy and they remember to bring it along!

Whilst the main body of the book is simple single lines ie: melody+chords about six of them are also presented with a second voice, the idea being that once they are happy playing along with a simple tune they can try a harmony line.

I suppose that the whole thing is about allowing people to grow their skills and confidence.

regards

Jake