Interesting Wheaststone From Chris Algar

Daniel Hersh

• 2 weeks later...
Oh blimey. All those low notes. And some of them would be "drones" for the obvious minor keys on a G/D box.

*drools*

Unfortunately I am skint, so I'll have to let this one pass. ;)

would that be reffered to asa hybrid?

I made a english-anglo out of 2 halves of concertina - 1 half english, 1 half anglo. Of course I only used my 2 cheapo chinses box halves and not soemthign of value, coicidently, the screws and ends matched up perfectly, although the halves were of different color.

Sicne then, I ahve returned each to its appropriate other half after concluding I couldn't play that either.

By the way (don't want to open new thread for thsi), what happened to Ebay Concertina listings?

You type "concertina" and you get loads of accordions and gazillion of pages.

What's wrong with accordions been in accordion page and concertinas in concertina page?

I think you'll find that anything with the word 'concertina' in the listing will come up when you search for the word concertina. Sadly a great many non-musician types refer to a set of bellows as 'the concertina' so you'll turn up a fair few accordions with 'the concertina in good condition'. 'Tis very annoying! :angry:

As for a separate heading for concertinas that would be grand but the number of listings probably doesn't justify it. :(

By the way (don't want to open new thread for thsi), what happened to Ebay Concertina listings?

What's wrong with accordions been in accordion page and concertinas in concertina page?

m3838,this should be a new thread.Your question bears no relation to the original thread.

Starting a new thread is more appropriate and allows a topic to develop.

Robin

Yes, should be in a new thread. Sorry for off-topic reply.

It's due to Ebay's new search feature. You can opt-out this feature and get search reslults as before.

Click and go to the regular ebay site.

post-68-1204332245_thumb.jpg

--

Taka

Edited by Takayuki YAGI

Back on thread

Robin, I'm comparing with a 50 key Jeffries Duet, so not strictly fair, but the key layout on mine isn't particularly curved and looks about the same as the Wheatstone pictures; I'd say Stephen's opinion could be correct.

Maybe the new owner will be able to figure it out?

Alex