Cat Attacks

My Bichon hates the accordion. yeah I know. He used to hate the concertina, but now runs down to see what I am doing. He no longer howls when I play the concertina.

I don't know if there is any significance in his new liking of my concertina playing. Maybe since the concertina has been to church with me it has "mellowed"! :lol:

When I had a cat, he hated when I played my concertina. He would bite my leg and complain until I put him out of the house.

A few years ago, while recording at a friend's house, his cat kept jumping onto my leg while I played. Eventually, it scaled my body and perched on my shoulder, hissing and yowling, swatting at the box while I continued recording. Unfortunately, due to a computer crash, that track was lost, a misfortune for the world. The cat was tripping out.

Anyone else been attacked by animals while playing? I'm just hoping it's not me or --egads-- my playing that spawns such violence.

Only when I go a ways above the top ledger line and even then quite unexpectantly. Revenge is a meal best served cold, as they say. Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have couple of cornish rexes and they haven't minded me playing, much. The other one patted the concertina with his paw while trying to figure out what it was,

and of course attacked my foot (all in good humour!) as I was tapping a rhythmn with it. I think it's more to do with "you're not paying attention to me" than "what's that horrible noise you're making!?", as the concertina takes up highly prized lap space.

The concertina case, on the other hand they love... to sit in.

Mikko

Our current cat is youngish, around two, and is playful. If I use the concertina's high notes, or play a mini or piccolo she usually comes running...no doubt to find the bird that is in obvious distress! She couldn't care less about the lower register of the concertina except that it disturbs her nap and she usually leaves in a mild huff to find another snoozing spot. But hit those high notes and she is all ears and eyes.

Greg

Her Highness "Won-Ton Kitty" the 15 year old Siamese has her throne, a flyffy fur lined thing, on my desk next to my concertina. The minute I reach for the instrument she gets a panicked look on her face and blots.

My Sheltie is indifferent.

The Newfoundland, however, thinks it is a group activity and insists on "singing" the whole time I'm playing. After about 5 minutes I put him outside as he doesn't have good rhythm.

My children, ages 6 and 9, request that I play once they've been tucked in to bed. They say it helps them sleep!! These are also the children who will squeek a penny whistle for 6 hours a day while running around the house. They must have tough ear drums of VERY stable nervous systems.

When I had a cat, he hated when I played my concertina. He would bite my leg and complain until I put him out of the house.

A few years ago, while recording at a friend's house, his cat kept jumping onto my leg while I played. Eventually, it scaled my body and perched on my shoulder, hissing and yowling, swatting at the box while I continued recording. Unfortunately, due to a computer crash, that track was lost, a misfortune for the world. The cat was tripping out.

Anyone else been attacked by animals while playing? I'm just hoping it's not me or --egads-- my playing that spawns such violence.

This lad, "Bonzo", that I got on the 11th. December along with a speeding fine, doesn't mind at all. Has also been know to play (With) the Melodeon.

Chas

post-1882-1204480794_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1204480940_thumb.jpg

Edited by fidjit