English International Lineup

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with English Morris playing, my choice was Jan Elliott an American.

If it makes you feel any better, she's married to a real authentic (British) English morris dancer and lived in England for quite some time!

He's a lucky guy ,she is a real sweetheart to work with.

She plays Garrett Billy's Jig a tune I have not heard before and does a lovely job with "Brothers in York", one of my all time favorites,in a set of tunes with Tom Kruskal

now where have I heard that surname before?

Al

• 2 months later...

Just being (very) curious how ''English international'' is doing? Did I miss something? :o Can we expect this audio juwel to appear on the market any moment now?

Keep me (us) informed Al...

Thanks, Hermann

Anglo International also was heavily English leaning and not much International.

I find the name to be entirely appropriate.

Good for you. And I don't.

An apple, that is 10% grape is not an apple, not a grape, but not entirely half apple, half grape.

Again, I understand and agree with the effort, but if practice, that is (as Marx thought) the only prove of theory, shows that there is not much international enthusiasm about English Concertina, which is even called "Englsih", than perhaps the approach may change a little. Otherwise some people that think like me, may have the feeling of the effort not been serious enough, something like a company play. But I got my answer, so I rest my case.

Out of interest, can you suggest some non-English players who haven't been included, who we could listen to? It's always interesting to discover new players and styles.

Pippa

Just being (very) curious how ''English international'' is doing? Did I miss something? :o Can we expect this audio juwel to appear on the market any moment now?

Keep me (us) informed Al...

Thanks, Hermann

You have missed nothing Hermann and my delay in replying to you was that Graham, at last, had set aside this last Weekend to finish off the booklet which has amongst other things held up the completion of this mammoth project. I eventually spoke to Graham this morning hoping for good news ,only to be told that during the storms in the Midlands this Weekend ,a tree came down cutting the power lines to Graham's area and was only switched back on last night.

I will have more definite news shortly.

Frustrated of Horley

At last I have some positive news.The booklet has now been compiled by Graham and is at the proof reading stage. It will then be sent on to the Graphics Designer for preparation for manufacture. The Master recordings are back ,checked and ready for manufacture.

We should be ready for distribution in about six weeks dependant on the Graphics not causing a delay.

Further progress as I get it.

Al

We should be ready for distribution in about six weeks dependant on the Graphics not causing a delay.

So with a bit of luck you might have them at Sidmouth. That would be good.

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson