I Wonder How Much Money Dirge Has

Pete Dunk

No don't want that one; not enough buttons.

Go on; you know there are advantages to not having 81 buttons on a duet.

These Lachenal Edeophones are really lovely instruments ........... well at least I still have a photo of the one which I sold just over a year ago! :rolleyes:

No don't want that one; not enough buttons.

Greedy!

Untouched as found condition is nice but do the bellows look mouldy?

I've requested pics with the bellows extended, they certainly look quite worn around the edges and there's something odd there but the picture quality and size isn't good enough to say anything for certain.

I showed Sal your message and she says you are right, she would kill me.

Let's see if my logic works out correctly. If we can talk you into buying this one ......... there might be a job lot of three duets "going cheap" in a few weeks time.

Peter, I've got a good reason for ducking edeophones at the moment, even though I love the look of them. My playing relies more and more on holding two or more buttons down with one finger. I'm told ed. buttons are smaller than Aeola ones so until I get the chance for decent trial on one I wouldn't buy one at long range in case my playing technique wouldn't suit it. So your attempts to get my wife to kill me are completely wasted in this instance.

It is a very handsome instrument isn't it?

I'm told ed. buttons are smaller than Aeola ones so until I get the chance for decent trial on one I wouldn't buy one at long range in case my playing technique wouldn't suit it. So your attempts to get my wife to kill me are completely wasted in this instance.

I'll leave you to carry out the same "scientific" experiment as me. Blow up the attached image to full size, and hold your Wheatstone up against the computer screen (or a variation on this method!).

I think the button sizes are identical.

post-1710-1202245677_thumb.jpg

Out of interest I'll give it a try but still decline to be killed for the sake of a 61 key!

Another forum member has a wood ended ed. 61 duet and I had him measure them a while ago and they were narrower, which would probably be enough to preclude one or two diagonal double stoppings I can just pull off at the moment, so I am suspicious.

At an unusually brief domestic conference this evening I was informed that any attempt buy another concertina, or indeed any other musical instrument in the foreseeable future, will result in an unspecified and peculiarly painful ‘ectomy’ being performed upon my person without benefit of proper equipment or anaesthesia. :o

In the light of this startling information I have decided to let discretion be the better part of valour and let this one pass. :ph34r:

At an unusually brief domestic conference this evening I was informed that any attempt buy another concertina, or indeed any other musical instrument in the foreseeable future, will result in an unspecified and peculiarly painful ‘ectomy’ being performed upon my person without benefit of proper equipment or anaesthesia. :o

We look forward to your new career as a soprano.

Is Dirge still alive? Is Tall Ship still structurally strong? Tune in tomorrow for "As the 'tina squeezes."

Honestly guys, shouldn't be "What do you mean I can't have another concertina, you just got another guitar!"

Alan

Well that was interesting. It's just finished; in the last seconds four different bidders slapped in a 'Well at a thousand pounds that's got to be worth it' bid, no one made it any higher so the first one in gets it (which probably means the people with proper snipes missed out, ho ho!). I was watching it because I had successfully persuaded myself not to put in a 'Well at £1000 etc..' bid but was curious to see if it sold.

A good buy for someone I think. (Not me, just to be clear)

One of these stupid things where no identities are given