Does Anybody Know Anything About This One Ebay

seanc

Hi All,

There is listing on ebay for a 30 button English. Does anybody have any knowledge of this model or this one specifically? playing anglo now but, looking to give an English a try. looking at a used or maybe a Jackie, and as it's in the same price range...

. Any strong feelings here?

thanks in advance!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheatstone-Mayfair-Eng...1QQcmdZViewItem

And as the seller is listed as Squeezebox99. If you are a member here please feel free to to respond with any specifics or more pics.

Thanks!

It could be one of Wheatstones "Mayfair" models which were produced late in their history and were a good attempt to produce a cheap instrument to learn on. The Mayfair models vary quite a lot, and the ones I've seen have top quality accordion-type reeds, and they can play quite nicely. Certainly much better than a modern Chinese concertina.

you are absolutely correct. It is the same one.

I guess I will chalk that up to getting old and senile as well as having a memory like a seive..

as a follow on question though.. assuming good playable condition. For roughly the same $$ would one reccomend this over a Jackie??

as a follow on question though.. assuming good playable condition. For roughly the same $$ would one reccomend this over a Jackie??

Depends on condition, but if good then yes. Better reed quality, Close to "standard" treble concertina in size and weight. Jackie is bigger and a bit heavier.