Jones 26b G/d Anglo Steel Reeds On Ebay

Woody

I've played this concertina and have a very similar one which I keep to lend to people. They are nice concertinas for English music, they sound and look nicer than the cheap accordion reeded concertinas, even Rochelles (which aren't made in G/D anyway). They are also as light in weight as a Morse Ceili, though not as fast. I'd expect it to go for somewhere between 600 and 800 pounds, and given that it will hold that price over time I think it will make someone a very nice first buy.

Chris

PS Colin Dipper bushed mine for me; this is a worthwhile enhancement.

...Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Signed

A Duet Player

That's the problem with Duet players - wouldn't know a real instrument if you snuck up behind them and repeatedly battered them over the head with it! ;) :lol:

I love it. A push'n'pull merchant arguing the toss with a portable piano player over which system is least useless.

Get real boys, buy a proper concertina. :P

Oi! Some of us like being able to work out chords without needing a slide rule, you know. ;)

Oi! Some of us like being able to work out chords without needing a slide rule, you know. ;)

Dodgy ground this, are you actually saying that anglo concertina is for musical tree swingers? :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, just me. :blink:

This is another thread, like, but I'd be genuinely interested to know how EC players work out countermelodies, accompaniments, etc.

Most of them eventually buy a duet. Enlightenment comes to all in the fullness of time.

(Of course an Anglo IS a duet; it's just some idiot skimped on the reeds; only half a set.)

Edited by Dirge

You know, I've long thought that comparing an anglo to a duet to an English is like comparing a flute to a piano to trombone, i.e. totally, utterly pointless.

Still, I suppose we have to let the duet and English players get it out of their systems. :rolleyes:

Chris

Most of them eventually buy a duet. Enlightenment comes to all in the fullness of time.

(Of course an Anglo IS a duet; it's just some idiot skimped on the reeds; only half a set.)

They just got rid of the boring notes :P

So, by your definition, an Anglo is a duet, but with only the exciting notes.

And according to Chris it's a trombone.

Well. There's Anglo players in a nutshell I suppose...

(I think I might run and hide soon!)

So, by your definition, an Anglo is a duet, but with only the exciting notes.

The Duet is an Anglo made dull and simple so that the poor old souls that play them don't have to deal with working out whether they need to push or pull. You'll often see them stuck outside the Post Office on Thursdays tugging furiously at the door-handle marked "Push" when they're trying to collect their pension :P :lol: :lol: (Tee Hee Hee!)

Edited by Woody

You'll often see them stuck outside the Post Office on Thursdays tugging furiously at the door-handle marked "Push" when they're trying to collect their pension :P :lol: :lol: (Tee Hee Hee!)

Ah, I had the opposite problem once. Coming out of a restaurant, I saw the word "PUSH" and slammed into the glass door, almost breaking it. I hadn't noticed that the word was painted on the outside and I was reading it backwards through the glass. :o