Lost Mc Rules Book

fidjit

Mr & Mrs BennetwotamisleadingdescriptiononEbay, and their son Gordon BennetwotamisleadingdescriptiononEbay

Bring me the concertina of Alfredo Garcia

My Hogany Aunt She was there too.

I said wait until Febuary 6th., but this is nice.

Chas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the group was assembled, the host bellows "time to eat! They were to sit down to a crabb salad served on stoned wheat thins. I guess nobody heard him. Their attention was riveted to the action on the makeshift stage. The cook said don't fret my work. It'll keep. So just to keep harmonium they wait.

I'm bushed. I'd better quit while I'm ahead.

Thanks

Leo

My Hogany Aunt She was there too.

I said wait until Febuary 6th., but this is nice.

Chas

Part way through the evening, various of the attendees volunteered short performances, to the delight of those watching. The spectators were rivetted by the action of a short dramatic reenactment by the Wheatstones (many Craned their heads for a better view), but the Triumph of the evening was a selection of sacred melodies arranged and performed by Miss Evangeline Cory Booth.

I've been asked to prepare for the 2008 Wheatstone Memorial MC in Febuary and I'm afraid as usual the rule book's gone missing. I just can't place my hand on it. Haven't had my hand on it since Mrs T was here. I think she took it with her when she last visited me back in er ???.

However, I should be up and running by Febuary (BUT NOT BEFORE)

Chas

Seem we have not only lost the rule book, but the maps gone missing too!

Anyone?

Chas

Click me.

Chris

Edited to add PS: this map makes it almost too easy. Notice how the diagonals are shown very clearly, and it is even possible to determine whether Pudding Mill Lane is above or below the line. Note also the closure of the East London Line and the obvious impact this will have on Knip. What price Samson's?

Edited by Chris Timson

Click me.

Chris

Very futuristic!

I see that the East London Line is closed, so we should not consider using it! I also note that the next train departing from West Croydon leaves at approx. 2013; and I mean 2013, not 20.13. :blink: This is a shame, since West Croydon station is only about 10 minutes walk from my house.

I presume that DLR is fair game, unless Chas dictates otherwise.

Regards,

Peter.

Part way through the evening, various of the attendees volunteered short performances, to the delight of those watching.

These included a noteworthy one by Cinderella's servant Buttons, prior to a pressing engagement elsewhere, which seemed to strike a chord with all those present.

Chris

Clearly the Brits have attacked the Scotch tonight. I'd have some if there were any left - and I prefer Jeffries company to that of Grand Wormwood though I must say that I have seen Jeffries at times bayside where he looked much worse.

And lastly, Mrs & Mrs Sharp and their daughter Dee.

Actually that happens. The singing teacher at my secondary school, in the fine historic city of Croydon (don't forget the Tramlink when playing MC), was Mr F Sharp.

Hi Ivan,

Croydonian pedant here; actually Croydon is a town, the largest in Western Europe. Of course, that's if you accept that England is actually in Europe (didn't seem to be when I last looked at the map!), and some people seem to think that Croydon is part of London. It was in Surrey when I was born here; I regularly visit my childhood home and never yet found it missing! :blink:

It's down to Chas to decide, of course, but I think that using Tramlink (anyone seen my videos?) when playing would give me an unfair advantage. Yes, I do want to win, but win fairly.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcQIdGAZgw

You can just imagine the careers advice for Mr Sharp when he was at school:

"Sharp!".

"Yes, Sir".

"With a name like yours, you will either be a Music Teacher, or a Used Car Salesman".

"Yes Sir".

And so it came to pass, in the fullness of time.............

My Music Teacher was a Mr Spratt. Perhaps he should have been a Fisherman. But then, who knows? Without him, I may never have blundered into the world of music and concertinas.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - the men have just arrived to do some house repairs for me!

Edited by PeterT

PS - the men have just arrived to do some house repairs for me!

So, you're completely serious about the Cockfosters gambit, then?

Well, I was, but they've gone away again! I'm guttered (or should that be gutterless?).

It appears that they played the Cock-up gambit. Actually, I don't blame the workmen, but I was a little worried when the Surveyor turned up (again) earlier this morning. Apparantly, he managed to delete the photos which he took last week. So, the men turned up without photos of the property and realised that they needed scaffolding in addition to their normal kit.

Ho, hum.........well, they are coming back tomorrow. The scaffolding might arrive at 07.30, a time which I had forgotten still existed!

Regards,

Peter.