W.c.c.p. - From The Archives.

PeterT

Seeing the recent posting regarding the 25th Anniversary of the W.C.C.P. (West Country Concertina Players) residential weekends, reminded me that I had a few photos from earlier events which might be of interest:

1989 - Jean Megly, Andy Turner, Dave Townsend (Crane, Anglo, English, respectively).

1991 - Dick Miles, Iris Bishop, Brian Peters (English, Maccann Duet, Anglo respectively).

1990 - Halsway Manor line-up.

1991 - Kilve Court line-up.

Maybe those in the UK can help fill in the names, since I can only come up with about half. (It's not old age; I didn't know all of them in the first place!).

For those with good memories, most, if not all, of these photos appeared in the "Concertina & Squeezebox" magazine.

Peter.

post-1710-1201113238_thumb.jpg

post-1710-1201113260_thumb.jpg

post-1710-1201113275_thumb.jpg

post-1710-1201113292_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterT

My eyes aren't what they were, I'm afraid. They're too small for me to identify anyone. Never mind.

Hi Chris,

Well, I can always mail through larger copies, should anyone wish to contact me. As you can imagine, I reduced the image size to save attachment space, not to strain the eyes of C.net members!

Regards,

Peter.

So that's what Jean Megly looks like. (sort of French; there's a surprise) but surely he's one of the more notable Maccan players, Peter?

According to John Kirkpatrick, "very French". We might have to break up into discussion groups, at this point, about degrees of Frenchness. :unsure:

By the way, Jean plays Crane, not Maccann.

Regards,

Peter.

post-1710-1201130443_thumb.jpg

post-1710-1201130459_thumb.jpg

Seeing the recent posting regarding the 25th Anniversary of the W.C.C.P. (West Country Concertina Players) residential weekends, reminded me that I had a few photos from earlier events which might be of interest:

1989 - Jean Megly, Dave Townsend, Andy Turner (Crane, English, Anglo respectively).

I think the order (left to right on the page) in that first photo should be Megly, Turner, then Townsend. No?

I think the order (left to right on the page) in that first photo should be Megly, Turner, then Townsend. No?

I was wondering who would spot that, Wilson. [Cheers, Jim; so much for my photographic memory!]

I have still left some question marks, but these are the names I remember:

HALSWAY 1990

Seated at front:

?, ?, ?, John Wild, Steve Goodyear, ?, ?, Simon Thoumire, Iris Bishop, John Kirpatrick, Jenny Cox, Peter Trimming

Sitting/crouching just behind: Doreen Hunt, John Northway

Standing, from left:

Ian Munro, Richard Mellish, Peter Cox, (Claire?), ?, ?, Robin Madge, Pauline Wallace, Brian Bibby (behind Pauline), ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Margaret Munro, ?, Grace Hayden, (Keith Robinson or Robertson? Behind Grace), (Bob? Senior? – in doorway), Elvina Trinder, Gladys Thorp, Brian Hayden, Jill Johnson – in doorway at back, Vi Fordham, (Helen Ross?), (Hilda? Senior?), Peter Woodger, Pat Robson, Penny Bibby, Ian Goodier.

KILVE 1991

Sitting/squatting at front:

Peter Trimming, Dick Miles, Iris Bishop, Brian Peters, Beryl Whitehead, Mike?, Jill Johnson, Jean Perree, ?, John Wild, ?, ?

Standing, from left:

Ian Goodier, ?, Peter Murray, ?, ?, ?, George Causley, ?, Claire, Brian Bibby, ?, Ian Munro, ?, ?, ?, Brian Hayden, Grace Hayden, Jenny Cox, Peter Cox, ?, Chris Waring?, ?, ?, Sally Waring?, ?, ?, Gladys Thorp, Chris Burdett, ?, Peter Woodger, ?, ?, Elvina Trinder, Helen Rowland, Richard Mellish, Rollo Woods.

These photos were 17 and 18 years ago, and I do not know where the time went.

- John Wild

Thanks, John. I have taken your data, plus changed a few ? into names.

Regards,

Peter.

I have still left some question marks, but these are the names I remember:

HALSWAY 1990

Seated at front:

Suzanne Powell, ? (friend of Suzanne), ?, John Wild, Steve Goodyear, ?, ?, Simon Thoumire, Iris Bishop, John Kirpatrick, Jenny Cox, Peter Trimming

Sitting/crouching just behind: Doreen Hunt, John Northway

Standing, from left:

Ian Munro, Richard Mellish, Peter Cox, Claire Greenhough, ?, ?, Robin Madge, Pauline Wallace, Brian Bibby (behind Pauline), ?, ?, Mike Long (next to Brian Bibby), ?, ?, ?, Margaret Munro, ?, Grace Hayden, (Keith Robinson or Robertson? Behind Grace), Bob Senior, Barry Wallace – in doorway (behind Glayds Thorp), Elvina Trinder, Gladys Thorp, Brian Hayden (behind Gladys), Jill Johnson – in doorway at back, Vi Fordham, (Helen Ross?), Hilde Senior, Peter Woodger, Charlotte Oliver (behind Peter W.), Pat Robson, Penny Bibby, Ian Goodier.

KILVE 1991

Sitting/squatting at front:

Peter Trimming, Dick Miles, Iris Bishop, Brian Peters, Beryl Whitehead, Mike?, Jill Johnson, Jean Perree, ?, John Wild, ?, Penny Clarke

Standing, from left:

Ian Goodier, ?, Peter Murray, ?, ?, ?, George Causley, ?, Claire Greenhough, Brian Bibby, Pauline Wallace, Ian Munro, ?, ?, ?, Brian Hayden, Grace Hayden, Jenny Cox, Peter Cox, ?, Chris Waring?, ?, Pat Robson, Sally Waring?, ?, ?, Gladys Thorp, Chris Burdett, Barry Wallace, Peter Woodger, ?, John Northway, Elvina Trinder, Helen Rowland, Richard Mellish, Rollo Woods.

These photos were 17 and 18 years ago, and I do not know where the time went.

- John Wild

Some extra names for the Halsway Picture:

immediately on my right is Dave (?) from the Bristol area and I can see the top of Anne Rawcliffe(my wife)'s head in the doorway on Barry Wallace's right.

Dave is also in the Kilve picture on Claire's right and Mike Long is behind Ian Munro. We escaped the photo that year!

Robin Madge

We escaped the photo that year!

Hi Robin,

I don't think you were resident, that year, so maybe went before the Sunday "photo-call". I certainly recall the three of us heading off for a pub lunch on the Saturday; a lovely, warm, sunny, spring day. Was it really almost 18 years ago; seems a very recent memory.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks, John. I have taken your data, plus changed a few ? into names.

Regards,

Peter.

with a few more replies we might get the full set. I have remembered another name. In the 1990 Halsway photo, Sarah McGough is sitting on my right to the left of the picture. It is not so clear but I think it is also Sarah next to me in the 1991 Kilve photo.

How could I have missed Charlotte?

answer - Peter Woodger is big enough to obscure anybody! :P :P

regards

John

In the 1990 Halsway photo, Sarah McGough is sitting on my right to the left of the picture. It is not so clear but I think it is also Sarah next to me in the 1991 Kilve photo.

Hi John,

Yes, it is Sarah in both pictures; whilst I can still hear her voice, her name had escaped me!

Regards,

Peter.

Just to record that Peter has generously sent me copies of these photographs for me to print out so that we can have a display at Kilve in March. A public, well semi-public, big thank-you to Peter.