25th Anniversary Kilve Weekend

This year is the 25th anniversay of West Country Concertina Players, so there's a celebratory theme for the Kilve weekend to be held from 14th to 16th March.

Tutors include: Iris Bishop, Sandra Kerr, Mick Brammich, and Claire Wren.

Bookings are being taken now, prices and contact details on the WCCP website at:

http://www.wccp.info/index_files/weekend.htm

A great weekend of music with like-minded people.

John Adey

This year is the 25th anniversay of West Country Concertina Players, so there's a celebratory theme for the Kilve weekend to be held from 14th to 16th March.

Bookings are being taken now, prices and contact details on the WCCP website at:

http://www.wccp.info/index_files/weekend.htm

John Adey

I'm really gutted that I can't make this. I really look forward to Kilve & this one sounds excellent. Unfortunately(?) I'm due to become a father again around this time and my missus wouldn't take kindly to me buggering off and leaving her to it! Some people are just unreasonable.

For anybody that hasn't been I couldn't recommend it highly enough - a really friendly weekend in a lovely location with decent food, excellent tutors and more Concertinas than you can shake a stick at.

John Adey

I've already sent my deposit. Should be a good weekend

- John Wild

• 1 month later...

I'm really gutted that I can't make this. I really look forward to Kilve & this one sounds excellent. Unfortunately(?) I'm due to become a father again around this time and my missus wouldn't take kindly to me buggering off and leaving her to it! Some people are just unreasonable.

I hope your 'excuse' for missing this weekend has been worthwhile?

I had an excellent weekend - he weather was mostly wet but once we arrived at the Court that did not matter.

I divided my time between workshops, partly for English and partly for duet. It took a weekend like this to show me just how much I had let the duet slip over the last year, and increased my resolve to rectify that over the next year. Sandra Kerr is an excellent tutor and performer. She emphasised the need for physiotherapy exercises on arms/wrists/hands/fingers before you even start playing, which might make some people impatient to get on with it, but is sound sense and I have the good intention of following this advice. The music which followed was 'grrreat'. I also gained good advice from Brian Hayden and Iris Bishop on duet playing even though I was not up to the mark in my standard of playing that instrument.

One of Sandra's workshops was titled 'knit your own tunes', and gave tips on how to put a tune together starting from known rhythms and patterns. Starting from a basic boring melody, we as a group produced a 'new' tune with the title 'In Kilve Jubilo'.

The bar sessions produced their usual high standard and great variety of tunes/styles/songs. those of us with longer homeward journeys stayed over an extra night and had a jovial evening in the Hood Arms on Sunday evening.

Apart from the music, the weekend was again a great social occasion and I hope I can keep returning.

- John Wild

I hope your 'excuse' for missing this weekend has been worthwhile?

Glad you had a good time but I think my excuse proved to be an excellent one :)

post-1809-1206134092_thumb.jpg

[

Glad you had a good time but I think my excuse proved to be an excellent one :)

post-1809-1206134092_thumb.jpg

You've got the best excuse in the world Woody. However I not sure he/she(?) is enjoying your playing!

It was wonderful. The weather wasn't but everything else was. I had this plan to write a "report" but have not recovered enough to do it yet.

Still do not really understand about the prawns.

Roger

Ah how I miss "doing battle with the prawns"