The Fifth Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend

We have a really great line up of musicians and singers this year.Jody Kruskal will again be teaming up with the great Northumbrian duo husband and wife Andrew(small pipes)& Margaret Watchorn(fiddle).Alan Day is hoping to attend and a number of well known concertina players and other musicians and singers are coming across from Ireland, including a party from County Clare.

If you are thinking of attending the Mrs Crotty Weekend and you live outside the United Kingdom and Ireland why not come via England and then travel onto Ireland as the Eigse Mrs Crotty is the following weekend.

Email for a flyer and booking form.

Mark Davies

Email:edeophone@aol.com

• 1 month later...

A number of concertina repairers and manufacturers are attending the weekend(as well as many players ) and there will talks and workshops on both Saturday and Sunday dealing concertina making and repair.Weekend tickets cost £20 and include entrance to all events including the Saturday night dance.

Hi Mark,

I’m certainly looking forward to Bradfield again in August. It is always a pleasure to play with the Watchorns and also great news to hear that Gavin will be in attendance. He’s an old buddy of mine and it will be great to hang out at the Royal and squeeze at length. I’m also looking forward to hearing and sharing with all the fine singers you invite. At this point, I have one other festival on my August tour agenda, Towersey!

It is planned to have a bellows making workshop over the weekend where various experts will reveal all the tips and wrinkles of making bellows.

Hi Mark and all,

I will of course be there, pancreas permitting !

Very much looking forward to the music and meeting friends old and new.

By the way Mark, if you are getting wrinkles in your bellows, you are doing something wrong ... I'll try and 'iron out' your problems :P

Dave

At this point, I have one other festival on my August tour agenda, Towersey!

So we won't be seeing you again in the Radway this year? :(

Chris

Sadly, no. I'm not giving up on the possibility of an invitation to Whitby though. Does anyone know Kate Atkinson? If anyone here knows her and could recommend me to her, that would be most welcome.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

• 1 month later...

That fine English style anglo player Roger Digby will be attending the music weekend in company with Dan Worrall from the USA who is taking in the Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend as part of his visit to the UK.Both will be playing and giving talks throughout the weekend.The BTMW is a must for everybody with the slightest interest in concertinas.Tickets for the weekend are already selling like "hot cakes"so do not delay in booking.

It is planned to have a bellows making workshop over the weekend where various experts will reveal all the tips and wrinkles of making bellows.

Isn't that stretching things a little too far? I once new a chap who started a business making bellows for a living but he didn't get enough orders and his business soon folded. ;)

Chris

Isn't that stretching things a little too far? I once new a chap who started a business making bellows for a living but he didn't get enough orders and his business soon folded. ;)

You make sixteen folds, and what do you get?

Another day older, and deeper in debt.

In these perilous economic times, I would worry about deflation. :o

• 1 month later...
That fine English style anglo player Roger Digby will be attending the music weekend in company with Dan Worrall from the USA who is taking in the Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend as part of his visit to the UK.Both will be playing and giving talks throughout the weekend.The BTMW is a must for everybody with the slightest interest in concertinas.Tickets for the weekend are already selling like "hot cakes"so do not delay in booking.

Great to hear that Mark. I've liked anything I've heard by Roger and looking forward to meeting Dan Worrall who has done great work on the history of the concertina in Clare. Who are the gang from Clare who are going over?

Shay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a build up to the weekend we will have the monthly concertina session Royal Concertinas on Thursday 7th August at the usual venue,The Royal Hotel,Dungworth and as we did last year we will finish the weekend with a mixed session,again at The Royal Hotel on Sunday evening the 10th August as many of the guests who are travelling over from Ireland and the USA on staying over.

The Plough,Low Bradfield is available all weekend and sessions of Irish music will take place with a number of Leeds based musicians in attendance as well as those from Ireland.