So Who Is This Guy?

fidjit

I was going through some old photos from the 1972 Cambridge Folk Festival and came across this one with an English concertina. Anyone know who it could be?

All being well the guy on the right is me. Yes it is me. Out of tune Lachenal in hand

Edited to add another photo from the past . Me in the club tent Cambridge Folk Festival 1972. Happy days.

Chas

post-1882-1200169115_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1200169200_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1200398926_thumb.jpg

Edited by fidjit

Everywhere but here on c.net he's Dick. Here he once was Dick but became Mick (after being someone else in between the two). Long story...

May be mistaken, but I thought the name was Dick Miles...???

Met him once to look at a concertina, Nice fellow, Heard him play and sing at his neighbors house.

Hope I wasn't calling him by the wrong name...

Everywhere but here on c.net he's Dick. Here he once was Dick but became Mick (after being someone else in between the two). Long story...

May be mistaken, but I thought the name was Dick Miles...???

Met him once to look at a concertina, Nice fellow, Heard him play and sing at his neighbors house.

Hope I wasn't calling him by the wrong name...

Ah! :o Have chatted to Dick on Mudcat. Several barney's we've had. Well fancy that. Small World. I'll send him a copy. He's also on MYSpace.

He used to live in Suffolk. and moved to Cork, I think, hence the "Mick" bit ??? ;)

Thanks all

chas

I was going through some old photos from the 1972 Cambridge Folk Festival and came across this one with an English concertina. Anyone know who it could be?

All being well the guy on the right is me. Yes it is me. Out of tune Lachenal in hand

Well according to the real Dick Miles. Who's never been a Mick. I got this from Dick today.

The photo looks to me like Alan Walters,Ipswich Concertinist.

Mick Diles is not me,it must be someone having a joke

So who is it then.

Chas

My apologies--I made an incorrect assumption based on the date of "Mick's" appearance here.

Daniel

Speak of the devil....

41 guests, 7 members, 0 anonymous members

tallship, johng, ecbrighton, dick miles, Paul Read, Roger Digby, John Adey

Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name

It is not me,I bought my first concertina in 1975 . It looks a bit like Alan Walters.

oh and much as I am flattered to have an impersonator, I am not Mick Diles. I am DickMiles

Speak of the devil....

Not my most tactful post, I was only remarking on the coincidence, no offence intended.

Speak of the devil....

Not my most tactful post, I was only remarking on the coincidence, no offence intended.

thankyou,no offence taken,

having studied the posts of Mick Diles,I deduce that he /she is probably an anglo player.

Just added another photo from the past to the original post. No Not one of you Dick. You've not been to Cambridge festival. I have.

Chas

Just added another photo from the past to the original post.

But there's no concertina in it... :(

Mind you that Yamaha guitar looks like an FG-180 - highly desirable these days! Though even back around 1972-3, one of my friends got enough money for his 21st birthday to buy a really good guitar, went and tried out every Guild, Gibson & Martin in Manchester, and came home with an FG-180 because it was the best one he played.

It's not me. I was only 2 years old in 1972.

Just thought I'd make some of you feel old, there. :lol:

Oh? ........ What's "old" supposed to feel like? :unsure:

When I visited my 96-year-old great-grandad, he felt like pruning his own apple tree, playing his parlor organ, and laying some new bricks to repair a wall. And I have every hope of doing as well at that age. I wonder if you'll still be around to kid me about how old I am. ;)

Just added another photo from the past to the original post.

But there's no concertina in it... :(

Mind you that Yamaha guitar looks like an FG-180 - highly desirable these days! Though even back around 1972-3, one of my friends got enough money for his 21st birthday to buy a really good guitar, went and tried out every Guild, Gibson & Martin in Manchester, and came home with an FG-180 because it was the best one he played.

Well spoted Stephen. It is(was) an FG180. Gone now I'm afraid as the arthritic fingers couldn't manage the narrow neck any longer.

But it was bloody good too. You can hear it on, 'NRK Rag' on my, MYspace site

Now use a classical, for the wider neck. Still looking for a decent wide necked steel string guitar that I can finger pick on.

Chas

Edited by fidjit

Edited to add another photo from the past . Me in the club tent Cambridge Folk Festival 1972. Happy days.

Chas

Quote : From Stephen Chambers : Mind you that Yamaha guitar looks like an FG-180 - highly desirable these days! Un-quote.

Well spoted Stephen. It is(was) an FG180. Gone now I'm afraid as the arthritic fingers couldn't manage the narrow neck any longer.

But it was bloody good too. You can hear it on, 'NRK Rag' on my, MYspace site

Now use a classical, for the wider neck. Still looking for a decent wide necked steel string guitar that I can finger pick on.

Chas