Lost Parcels

Conserteen

Can anyone advise what I can do about a concertina I sold which disappeared in the postal system without a trace. After a month it was finally declared officially lost and I claimed on insurance (receiving just about enough to cover the amount I had to pay back to the buyer and postage costs). A couple of weeks later the buyer contacted me to say it had suddenly turned up!!

He, meanwhile, has purchased another one as he presumed it was lost and doesn't want mine any more. What on earth do I do now?

Can anyone advise what I can do about a concertina I sold which disappeared in the postal system without a trace. After a month it was finally declared officially lost and I claimed on insurance (receiving just about enough to cover the amount I had to pay back to the buyer and postage costs). A couple of weeks later the buyer contacted me to say it had suddenly turned up!!

He, meanwhile, has purchased another one as he presumed it was lost and doesn't want mine any more. What on earth do I do now?

I assume the buyer returned your concertina to you after it turned up and after you had returned his purchase price. Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but aren't you back to where you started; no money out and your concertina returned? Not counting the understandable grief and aggravation you must have experienced during the episode.

I assume the buyer returned your concertina to you after it turned up and after you had returned his purchase price. Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but aren't you back to where you started; no money out and your concertina returned? Not counting the understandable grief and aggravation you must have experienced during the episode.

It appears to me that the buyer is now sitting on the insurance money and the concertina; and you are holding the money the buyer paid you. Therefore, the insurance accompany is out for the cost of one concertina plus the postage. If this is the case the concertina belongs to the insurance company and you should inform them of this.

Thank you for your help.

Situation is now resolved - buyer no longer wanted the concertina because of the long delay in delivery, so the carrier has accepted responsibility for collecting it. I keep the insurance money that was paid out and the concertina now belongs to the courier. I presume they auction it to recoup some money.

Assuming it was better than the usual Ebay Scholer, make the courier a low offer for it; they aren't going to have a clue about concertinas and may be happy to get something back easily. For the sake of ten minutes on the 'phone you may buy it cheap; you can then sell it again.

Assuming it was better than the usual Ebay Scholer, make the courier a low offer for it; they aren't going to have a clue about concertinas and may be happy to get something back easily. For the sake of ten minutes on the 'phone you may buy it cheap; you can then sell it again.

That's an Einstein of an idea ;)

That's an Einstein of an idea ;)

Relatively speaking.
B)

If this is the case the concertina belongs to the insurance company and you should inform them of this.
Situation is now resolved - buyer no longer wanted the concertina because of the long delay in delivery, so the carrier has accepted responsibility for collecting it. I keep the insurance money that was paid out and the concertina now belongs to the courier. I presume they auction it to recoup some money.
Sounds like a case where after the initial cock-up everyone has acted honourably.

What am I missing here? Who is "the courier" and what is their relation to the insurance company? Unless they are one in the same, the circle is not closed. The the insurance company is out the payment and the courier has the concertina.

If this is the case the concertina belongs to the insurance company and you should inform them of this.
Sounds like a case where after the initial cock-up everyone has acted honourably.

What am I missing here? Who is "the courier" and what is their relation to the insurance company? Unless they are one in the same, the circle is not closed. The the insurance company is out the payment and the courier has the concertina.

\

Welllll.. get it back... and resell it again? Post it here? :)

ETA: Ah, never mind I see.. so it belongs to the insurance company. Yeah, make them an offer I guess? At least if they auction it, find out from where and let people know?

Patrick

Edited by Dieppe