Interesting Linota On Ebay

Greg Jowaisas

For those looking for a premier vintage instrument there is a Bb/F Linota for sale presently on Ebay.

MS Explorer 7.0 wouldn't let me link but here is the auction #: 150199960940

I've had some dealings with the seller who has always give me good desriptions and our transactions have been trouble free. In fact I might have already bought this instrument if I didn't have my heart set on a nice Jeffries Bb. (Any out there?)

He has pics of the reed pans for the seriously interested.

Regards,

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

He has pics of the reed pans for the seriously interested.

Hi Greg,

Looking at the vendor's photos, I believe this instrument to be a Class "C" Linota, with a probable serial number in the 24000 - 27000 range. In other words, top quality from the best vintage period. If any prospective buyer would like to ask the vendor to look again for the serial number, it will probably be found stamped only on the left hand end, along with the batch number, which appears in several places on the instrument.

I dismantled my Wheatstone, today, for the first time in about ten years, just to take a photo (below). I took the opportunity to see whether there were any problems............one of the screws keeping the handrail in place had come loose, so, a worthwhile exercise.

Regards,

Peter.

post-1710-1199195417_thumb.jpg

Peter,

Thank you for your input. I opened my G/D Linota two days ago and searched and searched and found the serial# in the same spot as you. Hopefully the seller will successfully do the same.

I have a fuzzy recollection of a similar style (metal fretwork to the edge) 30b Linota C/G sold on eBay last year. I'm used to seeing the metal ends with a wood collar around them. (Later models?)

I hope someone with sense enough to keep it a Bb/F buys it and cherishes it.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

Omg, I am tempted.

If something even more tempting comes along later, or I get overloaded with concertinas (only have NINE so far), can always sell it again on ebay & recover the bulk of the outlay.

Yeah yeah yeah ..... and thanks to that line of thinking I have a room full of stuff instead of a retirement fund.

Congratulations to bargemans - you beat me to it!

I have a 1921 C/G Linota which only has the instrument number stamped in the same place as described by Peter and Greg. If you find the serial number in the place as described, I'd be interested to know what it tells us about the instrument as compared with the ledger entry (which doesn't typically say anything about the key of the instrument).

Alex West