English Concertina Needed!

scoopet

hi ,

i'm looking to buy a "nice" english concertina......Probably either a lachenal new model or a wheatstone with steel reeds, a quick response and I want it loud!!! my brass reeded wheatstone gets "lost' when playing with friends...

Any help or suggestions on what to get would be much appreciated.....Im in england (south west) and have just over a thousand pounds to spend,maybe a bit more.thanks again

I have a very nice Lachenal English 48key ebony-ended model which I would like to sell. It dates from the late 1920's, has steel reeds, six-fold bellows, domed keys, and comes in its original leather case, from which the hand strap has broken. It was fully overhauled last year by Colin Dipper, with new valves, pads, bushings, etc and tuned to concert pitch. I am asking for offers in the region of £850 for it. I live in London and anyone who is interested in buying it, can contact me via the forum.

Chris

Theo Gibb has a 48 key metal ended Lachenal New Model. From what I've seen you'd struggle to find one at a better price although it's above your present budget.

Hello,

a bit of information concering that one:

I´ve got one like this and it is a good choice if you´re playing with others. Without struggling I think the machine is loud enough and at the same time soft and with a sweet tone when it comes to more quiet moments at home.

Christian

Theo Gibb has a 48 key metal ended Lachenal New Model. From what I've seen you'd struggle to find one at a better price although it's above your present budget.

Hello,

a bit of information concering that one:

I´ve got one like this and it is a good choice if you´re playing with others. Without struggling I think the machine is loud enough and at the same time soft and with a sweet tone when it comes to more quiet moments at home.

Christian

I can confirm that this Lachenal is bright loud and responsive!