Geuns-wakker 30 Button Midi Anglo Concertina Wanted

bargemans

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a midi anglo concertina. I'm fed up getting cold stares from the other half whilst practising on my dipper and need something "quiet" to maintain matrimonial harmony. If anybody has one for sale I would be very interested. Please contact Andy on 07880 553 087 or bargemans@btconnect.com

Edited by bargemans

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a midi anglo concertina. I'm fed up getting cold stares from the other half whilst practising on my dipper and need something "quiet" to maintain matrimonial harmony. If anybody has one for sale I would be very interested. Please contact Andy on 07880 553 087 or bargemans@btconnect.com

Hi bargemans,

I have one of these exact instruments, enjoy it quite a bit.

Just want to make sure that you know that the Wakker MIDI concertina on its own doesn't make any sound, it has to be connected to either a hardware MIDI synthesizer or to a PC running a software synthesizer.

Cheers,

Michael

Andy, it could be useful to know which country you are in. Best of luck, but midi anglos seem to be as rare as rocking horse dung.

Myself: I would kill for a 40 button midi anglo. But whose feet to throw myself at & beg/plead to make one?

Hi All

I am aware that I need a midi synthesizer as well as the concertina but this seems a small price to pay for matrimonial harmony. My prefered practise position is horizontal on the sofa in front of the TV so you can imagin the annoyance caused by even gentle playing whilst Eastenders is on. Earplugs for the wife wouldn't solve the problem and the suggestion would probably cause instant divorce and anyway would be no fun, we all love new toys

I'm located on The Isle of Wight in the southern UK. Andy

Edited by bargemans

Earplugs for the wife wouldn't solve the problem and the suggestion would probably cause instant divorce and anyway would be no fun, we all love new toys

Headphones for the TV might do the trick though!

You could ask Roy Whitely to build you a midi concertina. He is a member here and has posted on his midi-ed concertinas.

Ha! I'm enjoying this.....(already have the two TV's w/ earphones...helps..)

I'm converting my last project...the never very good Bastari to 30-button MIDI as we speak.....no problem setting up the keyboards....perfect size buttons are on EBay !

For the midi controller I'm junking a CMK-149 velocity sensitive keyboard also from EBay...checked it out w/ MIDI-OX (freeware) and a usb converter (you guessed it..EBay) I still need to find a suitable pressure sensor for the in-vs-out .......

If you just want to drive earphones you could use one of those small keyboards from Radio Shack (non-midi).......I thoght about it but midi is so much more flexible that I'd wind up doing it all over again.....I always seem to follow M. Eskin anyway.....

Edited by Jack Bradshaw

I'm looking for a midi anglo concertina. I'm fed up getting cold stares from the other half whilst practising on my dipper and need something "quiet" to maintain matrimonial harmony.
...a small price to pay for matrimonial harmony. My prefered practise position is horizontal on the sofa in front of the TV so you can imagin the annoyance caused by even gentle playing whilst Eastenders is on.

Finding someone who both has a midi concertina and is willing to sell it might take longer than the wait time for a new one from either Roy or Wim. I suggest you order one now, but in the meantime get a second sofa (both quicker and cheaper, I suspect), so you can lie in another room while practicing. I can think of various potential difficulties with this option, but I hope that divorce wouldn't be one of them, and the extra sofa should only need to be temporary. :)

I would kill for a 40 button midi anglo. But whose feet to throw myself at & beg/plead to make one?

You could try supplying a 40 button anglo to Roy for a conversion - he has converted Englishes with 48 buttons so a 40-button should be easy. Of course, 40 button anglos usually tend to be better instruments and so are not themselves particularly cheap, and since a Whiteley conversion is definitely a one-way trip, you won't really want to convert that 40 button Linota, will you?

Perhaps you can find a maker who will make you a 40 button anglo with no reeds, which you can then pass to Roy to supply the guts. There seems to be no down side to this that I can see. I could really fancy a box like that myself!

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson

I would kill for a 40 button midi anglo. But whose feet to throw myself at & beg/plead to make one?

You could try supplying a 40 button anglo to Roy for a conversion - he has converted Englishes with 48 buttons so a 40-button should be easy. Of course, 40 button anglos usually tend to be better instruments and so are not themselves particularly cheap, and since a Whiteley conversion is definitely a one-way trip, you won't really want to convert that 40 button Linota, will you?

Perhaps you can find a maker who will make you a 40 button anglo with no reeds, which you can then pass to Roy to supply the guts. There seems to be no down side to this that I can see. I could really fancy a box like that myself!

Chris

Great idea! How would a Stagi 40 button be for the task? In my (greenhorn) opinion the quality is nothing to jerk thumbs at, & doesn't cost all that much (for a 40 button anglo)

Great idea! How would a Stagi 40 button be for the task? In my (greenhorn) opinion the quality is nothing to jerk thumbs at, & doesn't cost all that much (for a 40 button anglo)

You'll have to ask Roy about that. He's a member of this forum under the handle Accordionmagic. However it occurs to me that the conversion will probably cost more than the concertina and the action will not be improved (or disimproved come to that) by the operation.

Chris