Wishing That We Got Rte And Tg4 In The U.s.

I sure wish we got TG4 here in the states. With all of the satellite televison stations available, I wish RTE, and TG4 specially were available. I used to be able to record the shows from the website, but not since the fall.The quality was not very good anyhow, but any way to viewwas better than none. If any of our Irish or UK members with a Direct TV or Dish network could please tell us if you receive RTE. If so what is the latitude and longitude of your dish? I am sure there must be some trick to get it.

Guest Peter Laban

So you like re-runs of all James Bond movies twice a year?

You obviously don't watch RTE much. :-)

Anyhow, I can't get TG4 either. I do think both RTE and TG4 are available through SKY satellite, which I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

I sure wish we got TG4 here in the states. With all of the satellite televison stations available, I wish RTE, and TG4 specially were available. I used to be able to record the shows from the website, but not since the fall.The quality was not very good anyhow, but any way to viewwas better than none. If any of our Irish or UK members with a Direct TV or Dish network could please tell us if you receive RTE. If so what is the latitude and longitude of your dish? I am sure there must be some trick to get it.

See http://www.irishtvdirect.com/

That's how I get mine!

So you like re-runs of all James Bond movies twice a year?

You obviously don't watch RTE much. :-)

Ah yeh, but you can't beat it for all the re-runs of The Virginian - I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

And (to stay on topic), in the episode that's on at the moment I spotted a 26-key Anglo on a high shelf in a shack, so they really were being played in the American West! ;)

Alright, alright. So I admit that not all the programme material on TG4 is worth the hell of trying to get it. I think the Virginian might be cool to watch again, remembering when it was on it the 1960s here. I did see the trailer for South Park as Gaeilge, and made me still laugh even though my Irish is only basic. There are people here in the States that get some European programs on Direct TV and Dish, but Irish TV not offered except Setanta for limited amounts of Gaa. They do have Munster Rugby matches to make up for it. Now back to the main point, I would like to be able to view Geantraí and Ardán as well as others. They have the website viewing set up in such a way that I only see a snowy( audio out of sync) 2 x 3.5 inch screen. I used to be able to download it and view it later, not any more. Henrik Muller and I discussed these problems over several pints in Kilrush last summer. He and I have tried to beat the system, but as of yet still failed. If I could get a satellite that would receive the channel, I would gladly do so, and then be able to watch the Virginian again. Lee Majors of the 6 million dollar man fame, was a regular. t was also one of the very first colour television broadcasts here. I don't know if TG4 will show all episodes from 1962 through 1971, but one can only hope.

I did see the trailer for South Park as Gaeilge, and made me still laugh even though my Irish is only basic.

Wait 'til you've seen Sponge Bob as Gaeilge! :blink:

If I could get a satellite that would receive the channel, I would gladly do so, and then be able to watch the Virginian again ... I don't know if TG4 will show all episodes from 1962 through 1971, but one can only hope.

Probably, it's on at 1.05 every day... :huh: