G/d Anglo Questions

Hello All,

I currently play a C/G 30 button Anglo (a Tedrow "Zephyr" model) with a 6-fold bellows. I play in a style that uses a lot of chords, and hogs air. I've been thinking about stepping 'down' (pitchwise) to a G/D instrument, because the key would fit my vocal range better, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Does the G/D use significantly more air than a C/G, and would people recommend a 7-fold instead of a 6-fold bellows?

2) I wonder also if the G/D is easily played while standing (an important part of my playing habit)--is it heavier, and if the unit does have a 7-fold bellows, is it as easily managed as a 6-fold?

Thanks so much!

Steven R. Arntson

seattle, washington

I play a custom Tedrow G/D in the Baritone range (so an octave or so below your C/G), with 7 fold bellows, and I haven't had any trouble controlling it or with the weight. If you want to give it a go, swing by the session out in Duvall on a Tuesday, I'm there most weeks.

ello Al

1) Does the G/D use significantly more air than a C/G, and would people recommend a 7-fold instead of a 6-fold bellows?

Not that I've noticed. My G/D Morse is as efficient as my vintage C/G.

2) I wonder also if the G/D is easily played while standing (an important part of my playing habit)--is it heavier, and if the unit does have a 7-fold bellows, is it as easily managed as a 6-fold?

Well, it's apples and oranges, but my G/D Morse is far lighter than my C/G Lachanel/Dipper.