Anyone On Facebook?

Marcus

I'm there too, as Andrew McKay, which is a bit of a coincidence because that's my name.

It uses whichever name you use when you sign on, so it's your own fault if you don't like it ;)

Make friends with me if you dare.

Andrew

Crane Drivin' Music

Now that sounded like a challenge, so I tried to find you.

Have you ever seen how many Andrew McKays there are on Facebook? :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a distinct lack of Concertina enthusiasts on Myspace. Come and check it iut - maybe everyone here should sign up so we can get to know each other better!

Well I've only been a member for 24 hours, but of course, as well as a page under my own name Dick Glasgow

Surprise, Surprise! ;) I've also created a Concertinas in Scotland Group.

Well, you just never know who could be lurking in there, do you! ;)

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Yup..I'm there too....

(Hey LDT...what name are u under......other LDTs don't compute.....)

Jack

a clue is my first name is Sarah....if you want the rest PM me. ;)

Oh and my access to facebook is now limited to my phone coz stupid work blocked facebook. >:(

We can always start an exclusive concertina group! Anyone think of a good name for it?

Ha! Just discovered that a group already exists for concertina lovers on Facebook. It's called Concertinas are Cool. And I am now a member. :) I am sure we could squeeze another few people in!!

Chris

I'm on too.. Pamela Carr which not surprisingly is my name.

Also on twitter, but I'm not sure I understand the point of being on twitter as it's often just a repeat of facebook.

p

Ha! Just discovered that a group already exists for concertina lovers on Facebook. It's called Concertinas are Cool. And I am now a member. :) I am sure we could squeeze another few people in!!

Chris

That group's been up and running for quite a long time (in Facebook terms) Chris. I joined ages ago ;)

Chris

That group's been up and running for quite a long time (in Facebook terms) Chris. I joined ages ago ;)

Must be a well-kept secret then, Irene! :unsure:

Chris

• 2 months later...
Not everyone thinks Facebook is such a great idea. I prefer person-to-person over pixel-to-pixel. <_<

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/comment...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Yeah, I know what your saying Yankee.

When I'm driving at 55/60 MPH down a country road & I glimpse an old bloke leaning on his garden gate, I'm reminded of the good old days, when people would have either been walking past, or been on Horseback or perhaps on a Horse & Cart, or Bicycle. Back then, they would have stopped to chew the fat with him & of course that's how folks would know what was going on. Friendlier, happier times in many ways.

Sadly, we can't turn the clock back.

On the plus side { I think .. :unsure: } we can now chat instantly with folks in any part of the World!

Hmmmmmm ... maybe, I'll stop & chat with the next old bloke I see, leaning on his gate! ;)

Cheers

Dick

I am now on Face Book,I only joined because my Wife's friends daughter wanted me to see her picture on it. I now have a FULL TIME JOB.

People who I have not seen in years are asking to be friends.

Al

I am now on Face Book,I only joined because my Wife's friends daughter wanted me to see her picture on it. I now have a FULL TIME JOB.

Al

Seems to be great for the one-line updates and photos......but....those wacky on-line games drive me nuts....

Just too old, (officially a geezer) I guess....

Al

Seems to be great for the one-line updates and photos......but....those wacky on-line games drive me nuts....

Just too old, (officially a geezer) I guess....

you mean you don't play scrabble on facebook? ;) it was the only reason I joined.

I joined facebook last year so that I could keep up with my son during his first year of college. (Just a meddlin ole dad!) Since, I have been able to keep in touch with my own high school classmates and others I lost contact with. Every week someone is sending a request to be friends - Alan it won't end. It just goes on and on. Also, I joined the group "concertinas are cool" a month or so ago. Am anxiously waiting for my Edgley concertina. I should get it by Christmas. I am saving the money slowly. Have to with now 2 kids in college. In the meantime, the forums here have been great. I feel like I already know many of you. :)

Farion

I'm on there under my full name Martyn White.

I find it really handy for finding out about festivals, sessions etc. and just keeping in touch with friends old and new.

Martyn