Anyone On Facebook?

Marcus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on facebook for a couple of days now. Mark Douglas Evans

One nice feature is that Dominique and I can chat on line at the end of the day without running up the phone bill. I wish we had discovered that before last month's bill came. Most places in Europe a 8 1/2 cents a minute, but Iceland was a whopping 47 cents and minute :ph34r: .

Maybe it's silly, but I'm enjoying myself.

One nice feature is that Dominique and I can chat on line at the end of the day without running up the phone bill. I wish we had discovered that before last month's bill came. Most places in Europe a 8 1/2 cents a minute, but Iceland was a whopping 47 cents and minute :ph34r: .

Have you considered Skype Mark? It's free to download and a headset with mic costs a fiver or so and you are away. Calls are then free anywhere in the world and you can even have conference calls with mates.

Ian

Have you considered Skype Mark? It's free to download and a headset with mic costs a fiver or so and you are away. Calls are then free anywhere in the world and you can even have conference calls with mates.

Ian

Musical Saw. Surely I can't be the only person long enough in the tooth to remember performers of the musical saw on the musical hall stage ? (and PLEASE spare us from any crass jokes on the subject of saw-teeth !)

Musical Saw. Surely I can't be the only person long enough in the tooth to remember performers of the musical saw on the musical hall stage ? (and PLEASE spare us from any crass jokes on the subject of saw-teeth !)

Are you like...from the past? :P ;)

Are you like...from the past? :P ;)

I guess he, like I, was born in the right century LDT.

Ian

• 3 months later...
There's a distinct lack of Concertina enthusiasts on Myspace. Come and check it iut - maybe everyone here should sign up so we can get to know each other better!

Aye Marcus, I just took the plunge today, after being 'encouraged' be a few folks.

I'm not sure about it's value yet, but with Sound Lantern going, I thought it might help a little.

Cheers

Dick

There's a distinct lack of Concertina enthusiasts on Myspace. Come and check it iut - maybe everyone here should sign up so we can get to know each other better!

I'm on there - under my real name, Christine Bagnall (the West Midlands one).

It's a wonderful time-waster and I know it takes valuable time when I could be practising and getting so much better on the concertina! (that's my excuse). <_<

I'm also on there under my own name, and have been for two years or so. It can be a real time waster, but on the other hand its also a very good way of staying in touch with others (and occasionally for finding out about up and coming events)

Irene Shettle

I'm also on there under my own name, and have been for two years or so. It can be a real time waster, but on the other hand its also a very good way of staying in touch with others (and occasionally for finding out about up and coming events)

Irene Shettle

Me too - search on Gavin Atkin, sign me up and appropriate my 240+ friends for your own...

I never do anything by halves ;-)

Gav

Ian

Still played here in the Isle of Man!

Skype, Dominique has it (mac lap-top) and she's mad for it. We bought a camera for our dell. Have to ge the IT guys to come an' set this damn beast to rights. It's all screwed up. I hate, hate, hate IBM based computers. Worst thing I ever did was by one. In two years tops they become boat anchors :angry: .

Me too - search on Gavin Atkin, sign me up and appropriate my 240+ friends for your own...

I never do anything by halves ;-)

Gav

Gee ta,Gav ... nothing I like better than being offered up for appropriation!!!! :unsure:

Umm, this...er.. facebook, do we have to 'fess up our other online ID's? Some of us get up to some pretty weird stuff on other sites under other names.

Some of us..er.. may have aspects to our lives other than ..er.. concertina.... Separation of church & state 'n' all that.

No, you can still be "Saigon Lil" or whoever you want elsewhere. It's just that if you don't use your real name on FaceBook, it makes it a little difficult for long-lost friends to find you.

Actually, it might be better if they didn't find you, now I think about it... :unsure:

Well, I got signed up on Facebook a month ago, but the system automatically sutck me with my full, formal name of "Michael J. Knudsen." Makes me sound awful Stagi, er, stodgy.

I don't know if I mention concertina in my short little profile. My avatar shows me cranking my monkey organ, which usees pipes, not free reeds, sorry :unsure:

--Mike K.

Irene Shettle

Oh, no! Not the Irene Shettle who keeps winding up Ralphie? No wonder it's a real time waster, Irene. ;) I'm on Facebook, too. There aren't that many Drinkwaters. We can always start an exclusive concertina group! Anyone think of a good name for it?

Chris

Edited by Chris Drinkwater