Wanted: G/d Anglo

Janet Dows

I'm a long time c/g anglo player, and I'd like to try a lower pitched instrument, to work with harmony lines, backup,etc. Since I'm not sure if this will be a long term interest, I'd like to find a lower-priced instrument, or lease or borrow something for a while. I'm located in California. Thanks!

Janet

Janet--

I sent you a private message but I'm not sure if it got through. If a 20-button would work for you as a starting point (it did for me in a similar situation to yours) I've got one (and possibly another) that I would sell or possibly loan.

Daniel

I'm a long time c/g anglo player, and I'd like to try a lower pitched instrument, to work with harmony lines, backup,etc. Since I'm not sure if this will be a long term interest, I'd like to find a lower-priced instrument, or lease or borrow something for a while. I'm located in California. Thanks!

Janet

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Janet,

This is Dan Bradbury. You might not remember me, but you are the one who got me hooked to this torturous instrument.

We met a few times in the 1980's at the Fresno Folklore Society's Memorial Day weekend music camp-outs, and one time my then wife and I drove you to Bakersfield. You were the first concertina player I saw and you let me play your Lachanal. I got hooked right there and then and went right out and bought an Italian anglo. A few years later I got my Crabb/Jefferies, and have been playing ever since.

I just want to say thanks for getting me started, I have often thought fondly of you and the gentleness of your playing.

regards,

Dan Bradbury

• 2 years later...

Janet

Hi Janet,

I have been thinking the same way myself. Also as a Morris dancer a G/D 30 button Anglo makes sense for me but Im too remote to borrow one (Tasmania). I play a C/G 20 button Stagi that was kindly loaned to me and love the sound of the accordion reeds but Im ready for something a bit better so I will watch this space with interest. Good hunting, Di

Di, I have sent you a pm.

Thanks Malcolm, I did reply to your email if you got that OK and thank you for making contact. Im impatiently waiting for my Morse to be released from customs and quarantine....its just over the water in Melbourne, I can almost smell it....aaggggh. Cheers Di