Buying An Anglo Off Ebay

meltzer

Given the number of threads on here about scammers, and the high prices that 30+ key instruments go for, is it worth me even looking anymore? :(

Always nice for a bit of window shopping, mind. ;)

If anyone would like to restore my faith in human nature by relaying a positive EBay Anglo-purchase experience, please feel free.

Given the number of threads on here about scammers, and the high prices that 30+ key instruments go for, is it worth me even looking anymore? :(

If anyone would like to restore my faith in human nature by relaying a positive EBay Anglo-purchase experience, please feel free.

just so you know, i have 30 key anglo for sale by genus-Wakker that i am about to list here. it is perfect. the only draw back is it has the accordion reeds and not regular concertina reeds

post me if your interested at nancyseansell1@hotmail.com going to look for about $2000 American for it

ps i bought it originally from this site

just so you know, i have 30 key anglo for sale by genus-Wakker that i am about to list here. it is perfect. the only draw back is it has the accordion reeds and not regular concertina reeds

post me if your interested at nancyseansell1@hotmail.com going to look for about $2000 American for it

ps i bought it originally from this site

:rolleyes:

Hi Meltzer,

Just to give you some confidence, I have had a positive eBay result in the past 18 months on a 39 key Jefferies - BUT, by prior agreement I did collect from the seller and paid cash on collection after trying the instrument. That inconvenience seemed sensible, given the price involved, and was a nice excuse to meet another player too, who incidentally was very welcoming and happy to allow me as much time as I needed. Watch the pages here as there's a great depth of knowledge available from subscribers about auction items and ask if you are unsure. There are some highly reputable dealers who occasionally sell through eBay too, and their seller "names" are well known to cnet guys 'n gals, so if in doubt - ask here, Cnetters are the best!!

:rolleyes:

Hi Meltzer,

Just to give you some confidence, I have had a positive eBay result in the past 18 months on a 39 key Jefferies - BUT, by prior agreement I did collect from the seller and paid cash on collection after trying the instrument. That inconvenience seemed sensible, given the price involved, and was a nice excuse to meet another player too, who incidentally was very welcoming and happy to allow me as much time as I needed. Watch the pages here as there's a great depth of knowledge available from subscribers about auction items and ask if you are unsure. There are some highly reputable dealers who occasionally sell through eBay too, and their seller "names" are well known to cnet guys 'n gals, so if in doubt - ask here, Cnetters are the best!!

Cheers for that, doodle. Yeah, given the amount of £ that changes hands, I'd definitely want a little play before I parted with my hard-earned. One of the reasons I registered on here is precisely the dialogue about various EBay items, and warnings about the various bandits that hang around on there.

Plus of course, doing something to counteract the loneliness of being the only tina player in the village. Or block of flats, in my case. ;)

Edited by meltzer