Changing Reeds

Larryo

Re Anglo challenge- Following on from my difficulties in holding down both the A on inside left bottom and D on middle left on ring finger, my mind has turned to the possibilty of taking the A reed and placing it in the last button on the draw in the left middle row, thereby giving me the option to play the D+A on the middle row much easier than trying to get my little finger on to the inside row. I am going to continue to persevere with trying to leave things as they are; and that I can't get this chord is not going to ruin me one way or the other although there is also the opportunity to play certain tunes like Farrell O'Gara, Boys of Laoise etc ; but seeing the last button on middle is not a biggy in Irish trad, are there any difficulties I need to know about or is there a reason why it can't be done. I won't be doing it myself but first would like advice as to why it might or might not be possible bearing in mind the "ethical"reasons for not changing an instrument and also not being able to play other peoples instruments.

Hope the above makes sense.

Thanks again

Larry

Edited by Larryo

my mind has turned to the possibilty of taking the A reed and placing it in the last button on the draw in the left middle row, thereby giving me the option to play the D+A on the middle row much easier than trying to get my little finger on to the inside row.

Loosing the low G on the suck would be a disaster. The low G is used for lots of classics, e.g. Father Toms Wager, Tom Friels.

A possible solution to get the bottom A on the inside row might be to play with looser straps. I find a lot a standard straps too short making it impossible to get comfortaly overall the buttons. If you dont have enough adjustment find an old leather belt and cut some out.