An Paistin Fionn

Here is link to my concertina page which contains a recording of the tune An Paistin Fionn played by "The Roaring Hamsters" (Karen Huckle on Celtic Harp and myself on 30 button C/G Anglo Concertina).

(Click on the photo at the bottom of the page - it may take a few seconds to load).

The concertina arrangement is based on Mary MacNamara's recording of the tune on her CD "The Blackberry Blossom".

Feedback welcome :)

Cheers

Morgana :D

Good morning Morgana,

Wonderful Co,mputer World and Internet.

I liek also Mary Mcnamaras playing and this tune has been the first I have learned from her CD.

Thank you for sharing your playing with pothers.

I played along with you and the harp.

I like your playing and the sound of your Concertina.

I miss the second part, where Mary changes speed and Mary makes her fingeers spriong over the keys lightly and precisely.

That is a bit more difficult ?! I have not leaqrned until now either.

Butg you have reminded me to this tune, and I shall retakje it and not stop until the quicker graceful part also is under control of my fingers.

Excuse, perhaps I am wrong and you know alrteady, but there were no more space for recording it.

In any case i do not wish to critc, I admire your courage and well doing, and IU would like to estimulate you to go ahead with this part too.

Kind regards

Joachim Delp

Bravo ! Bravo ! Beste bat Beste bat (In the Basque labuage meaning "another one, one more !!

This thing starts to function

Hi Joachim,

The faster version is not included as my friend and I decided to concentrate on only one for the purpose of the recording. I hope to do some more recordings (playing both the concertina and the harp parts) at a later date.

I miss the second part, where Mary changes speed and Mary makes her fingeers spriong over the keys lightly and precisely. That is a bit more difficult ?! I have not leaqrned until now either.

If you look at the first part as being two halves: A and B, played A B A B, then the second part is played B A B A, in a different time signature, and at a different speed, but basically it's the same tune. :)

Cheers

Morgana :D

Edited by Morgana

Sharron, me too, and I know others who did the same.

And there are many others which are as beautiful.

Morgana,

Yes I got aware of different timing and speed and it is very pleasant to listen to your playing.

I find that the contyrast of the speedier part as Mary plays it makes a beautiful contrast to the first slower one and I find that she is doping in a way, that it soiund very light (not heavy) the fingers dancing over the keys.

For me it is not easy to perform this part and even mmore difficult to come close to her ease of doing it. Well wityh the years....

Would like to hear mroe from yhou.

Now do not say, please, "and I from you".....althoug I promis to do it before summer.

Acciudentaly, I am listening in this precise instant Mary Macnamaras p``laying the tune again and shall give attention..... wait a moment...

The bello work.accents, the sound of her instrument, graceful,

well I confirm my previous statement : It is not the speed I could not achieve, but the accents, that needs to be worked a lot on.

Cheers

Joachim

Now I am listening the Golden Eagle Hornpipe, and again..I feel she has a certain grace, which apart from talent, must be the result of years playing and I presume the biggest difference to my playing is how she uses the bellows.

Sharon said: Now then..........how about a bit of Paddy's Rambles in the Park?

Funny you should mention that... it is one that I am working on, although it's nowhere ready to record yet :D

Cheers

Morgana B)

Edited by Morgana

Here is link to my concertina page which contains a recording of the tune An Paistin Fionn played by "The Roaring Hamsters" (Karen Huckle on Celtic Harp and myself on 30 button C/G Anglo Concertina).

Morgana,

This was the biggest surprise after my return from Scotland, where I did not have the time to take a good look at the forum *).

I like the sound of the concertina - harp combination and especially the sound of your concertina (I assume it is your Norman Anglo G/C?).

Nice one Morgana, funnily enough that was the tune I first picked to learn off her cd.
Sharron, me too, and I know others who did the same.

Well, I am "one of the others". In fact this tune is the first one in D that I mastered to play on my G/C Anglo. As for the second (fast) part of the song: I like Mary's playing, but the "pumping piano" spoils it.

To conclude: I (we?) would like to hear more from you Morgana!

Henk

*) The reason for my stay in Schotland was a family visit to admire (together with my wife) our third grandchild: a little wonderfull girl, named Eilidh (pronounce like Ceilidh without the C) :wub: .

I learned her to listen to the concertina!

I like the sound of the concertina - harp combination and especially the sound of your concertina (I assume it is your Norman Anglo G/C?).

Henk - I'm glad you like the sound file. Actually the concertina is my Stagi LN15, as it was recordered about six months before I bought my Norman. :)

I'm currently working on recording solo with the Norman, but it will be a while before anything is ready :D

Cheers

Morgana

• 2 months later...

Morgana, what fun to see your web page! I am also in a duo with a harpist! My partner Byron used to play concertina with her; he was convinced they were the only ones who had thought of this combination. I hated to burst his bubble, and I'm glad to see you're carrying on on your side of the planet!

What a nice recording- what did you use to record?

Allison